We Met At The Day's End

"I have half a mind to pull you into this pool!"

Strands of wet hair cling to Sakura's face as she eyes the relaxed figure of MJ, who only turns a page purposely loud in response. Huffing, she cups her hands to collect water. She flings it forward to splash against MJ's feet. The next response is a middle finger.

The lights underneath the water reflect off a dreamy glow. Sakura backstrokes away from her friend to join the others in the middle of the pool, engaging in what seems to be a splash war.

A giggle erupts from her chest when she strikes a torrent of water directly at Flash's face. He glares at her, then grins as he enacts his revenge. He isn't all that bad when his mouth is shut, an unfortunate rare occurrence.

She goes to lay on her back and float, but a streak of red and blue prompts her to pause. In an attempt to be inconspicuous, she pushes her head down while her eyes shift at the corners. A familiar face looks down from the glass roof, wearing a sullen frown. He doesn't notice her gaze, and is gone almost as soon she glances at him.

Peter?

It was too quick for her to discern what he was wearing, but something nags at her to follow him. However, by the time she emerges from the pool he most likely would've left already. She doesn't specialize in sensory techniques, and is only adequate at tracking.

But there is another way to get information.

She grabs hold of the bars and pulls herself out of the water. Wrapping her towel around her shoulders, she whispers a quick Be right back! to MJ.

Briefly looking around for cameras, she then conjures a shadow clone and subsequently casts a henge over herself. Her arms snuggle against the warmth of the fading blue hoodie she now wears.

Her clone goes back to join the others while she ventures to Peter and Ned's room.

"Hey, what's up?" She tests with Peter's voice. "Peter Parker picked a peck of pickled peppers." Oh how she could listen to him all d— Not the time!

Bringing a hand up, she raps at the door three times. Almost immediately, it flies open and reveals the expectant face of Ned.

"Why are you back so soon? Did you forget something?" Ned asks her quietly.

She plasters a smile on her – Peter's – face. "Um, yeah. Can I come in for a sec?"

Ned opens the door further and she dashes inside. The room is identical to her and MJ's. A laptop sits open on one of the beds, next to an elliptical object that emits a purple glow. The same malevolent energy she felt earlier surrounds it.

It is not dissimilar to chakra, the life-force energy, but it's imbued with something akin to killing intent.

"Let's go over the plan real quick," she rushes. "Just a refresh of everything."

Ned looks at her in confusion. "You were just here."

"I – I got nervous and blanked so I went back." Her excuse sounds feeble to her ears, but Ned seems to buy it.

"The tracking device stopped at Maryland, so Spider-Man's" – her eyebrows fly up – "going over there to check out the evil lair full of alien weapons" – What the hell? – "ruled by that guy with mech wings" – she tries not to seem flabbergasted – "to investigate what evil things they have planned."