Chapter 1: Memories

'Its already 8 pm Ami! Let's go home. I am really hungry and we also need to pack our things for the trip.' Riya said to her best friend Amrita aka Ami, who was busy writing something in a brown old diary on her desk . It had been half an hour since their office hours,but as usual, Ami was filling her beloved diary.

 It had been half an hour since their office hours,but as usual, Ami was filling her beloved diary

'Ya its almost done.' Said Ami smiling to Riya,who was standing there by crossing her hands and giving her a annoyed stare.

Finally, Ami completed the work and hung her bag on her left shoulder, while she picked some of her books in her right hand and walked outside the  botany lab,wearing her creme coloured overcoat and followed her best friend. The both girls hurried to the bus stop to catch a bus to their apartment that they shared together. The weather was very cold today in New york. People were rushing to their homes to escape the deadly weather.

'I don't understand why the hell do you still fill that diary for that guy!',said Riya with disgust sitting next to Ami on the bus

They were besties since school days and were living together from 6 years.  They were more like sisters than besties. Riya was loud and never missed a chance to pick a fight,while Ami was a introvert and very reserved. But still they understood each other and knew each other's secrets.
Ami just sighed and looked blankly at the window.

'Are you going to act this stupid even on the day when we will meet him?'

'Ya,I guess. I have always been this stupid.',said Ami with quietly.

'Listen dude, you are stupid, but he was a jerk,move on!'

'Do you think its that easy to forget him?'

'How can I tell? I've never been in love. But this is not great idea either to keep thinking about him, write a diary for him, and plan to give him after you die.'

'What else can I do? Any better idea. He loves someone else and this ain't his fault. It was no one's fault.'
'Fine, carry on writing that stupid thing and being a devdaas. Lets just get off the bus for now.',said riya and stood up from the seat. Ami followed her and the two girls got off the bus.

As soon as they started walking down the street,small flakes of snow began to fall.
Since Christmas was near,streets were filled with people merrily shopping and rushing tp homes.

No sooner they started walking towards their apartment, a mild snowfall started. Flakes of snow that appeared like shiny crystals began to fall all over their heads and clothes. While Riya whinnied, Ami smiled and stretched her arms to feel the snow into her. She looked up at the sky and giggled quitely ly saying to herself, 'He liked snow a lot'.

'Can you stop being childish for a moment

'Can you stop being childish for a moment. We need to go home. Oh god! I feel like I am your mother or something!'

'Just a minute Riya. Its so beautiful, look at the weather.'

'For god sake,we are going on a Christmas holiday to Zermatt, Switzerland. You can play with snow as much as you want. So for now,let's...' Riya was about to finish her sentence, Ami threw a snowball on her and laughed.

'Ami!'exclaimed Riya and quickly made a snowball, saving herself from Ami's attacks and took her revenge. The ball hit Ami's face and she giggled. There was a great snowfall fight between the two,after which they rushed to their home.

They changed clothes,had dinner chatting about the upcoming trip,and then Ami made coffee for herself and Riya

They changed clothes,had dinner chatting about the upcoming trip,and then Ami made coffee for herself and Riya. Ami then started to write these words in her diary.

"Date-21/12/2019
Dear Micky,
The weather of New York is so holy and joyous right now. I can feel the magic of Christmas inside me. Today, while returning to home, There was a mild snowfall. I had a cute snow fight with Riya, which immediately reminded me of the day when we went to our trip to Shimla during our high school years. You threw a snowball at me, and though it was a funny sight for others, i really loved the fact that in a group of 50 students, i was the one you choosed to throw at. You giggled at my scared reaction, and I was completely mesmerised by that beautiful smile of yours.

And yeah,we are meeting again. Just 1 day to go,and on 24th morning, i'll meet you. But to be honest, I am really confused and curious. Confused about how should i react when I will see you after this very very long span of time, its been 6 whole years! And curious about you and your life in these years. What do you think, how do I look now? Well, I am not sure if you are even thinking about me. You will probably be busy making plans with Samira. How is she? I bet she is as beautiful as always.
Take care of yourself, and be safe.

Not to forget,merry Christmas ♥️.
Yours truly
Ami "

'What the hell are you writing Devdas? ',suddenly Riya asked peeking in Ami's diary. Being super quick, Ami closed the diary.
'All right,don't show me.',sighed Riya and continued with her packing.

Tommorow they had their flight. Everything was ready, other than Ami's heart. It kept on beating fast, as if it was about to burst. She was too nervous to even think about the boy. The boy whom she once proposed,but she was rejected. It was the last day of school. And by recalling this moment every time,a tear slid from her eyes.

She knew that the one and only Maanav aka Micky, the third generation heir of the Rajputs, would never like her. He was always the most popular, everyone's favourite, guy. While Ami was just a nerd, always lost in her book.

Why would he love her,if there were so many beautiful girls out there. He never noticed her,just kept on hurting her,unknown from the fact how much she loved him.

From the author -
Hey guys,hope u like the first chapter. Please follow me. The next chapter is coming very soon ♥️ and i promise it will be even better 😊.