CHAPTER 7

7:
Who You?

“-ke up!! Hyung!! Soobin hyung!! Wake up!!” Soobin groans, the voice is so loud, shouting at him repeatedly as he felt a pair of hands cupping his face and tapping his cheeks.

“Hyung!! Soobin hyung!! Wake up! Wake up!!! Hyuka is in trouble!!” Soobin blinks away the darkness, vision slowly clearing up.

'Just who the hell is screaming-'

Taehyun.

He saw Taehyun, face full of worry and panic but so warm and alive. Those pupils were shining with colour and his skin was not deadly pale, his hands on Soobin’s cheeks were warm. Taehyun is here, he’s not dead.

Soobin is pulled up to his feet in an instant, feeling the handle of his makeshift scythe in his hands. What is happening? How is Taehyun-

“Hyung!! We gotta go!! Hyuka is in trouble!” Taehyun exclaims, pulling him by the hand. It was still quite fuzzy for him, he glanced around trying to absorb information that was rapidly thrown at him. It was that mall, where he hadn’t known Taehyun got bitten.

Where everything started to go wrong.

‘Was all of that a dream?’ he thought to himself, “I saw you hit your head and passed out, but I managed to hide us but then I heard Hyuka screaming-” Taehyun explains as they run through endless rows of shop lots.

Maybe Taehyun would find it weird that he is currently smiling a little, with his eyes brimming with tears, but Taehyun didn’t point it out.

He has no idea how much Soobin wants to simply pull him into and embrace, feel his heartbeat that would stand to him as proof he was still alive. That Soobin hadn't lost him yet. 

They found Hueningkai beating away a small group of zombies, they were much slower than the usuals they tend to run into. Taehyun takes a deep breath, he raises his hockey stick and charges into the fight, Soobin close behind him. The three worked together and bashed each zombie to the ground.

Hueningkai later drops to his knees panting in exhaustion, “Let’s get out of here.” he mumbled in between unsteady breaths, “Yeah, let’s go-” before Taehyun could finish his sentence a zombie chomps down on his shoulder from the back.

"ARRRRGHHHH!!!!"

Soobin feels his heart stopping all over again, “TAEHYUN!!!” Hueningkai swings his bat and kills it off instantly.

Taehyun falls to the floor, clutching his shoulder as he began to shake and gag in pain. Blood soaking through his hoodie in seconds. A thin black line trails up to his neck from the bite through his veins, the virus taking over him much faster this time.

Taehyun gasps when Huneingkai pulls his head to lay on the maknae’s lap. “Hey…. hey... Taehyun no.. no please…. Please no.” Soobin only stood there, unable to move. Heart drumming wildly, had he failed again?

So quickly? Taehyun was just there, he was okay but… but....

“TAEHYUN AH!!!!” Came Beomgyu’s loud scream, the younger runs towards them with Yeonjun on his back. He drops the elder down and crawls over hands gently hovering where Taehyun had got bitten.

“Taehyun oh my god... no no…. Taehyun…” he wails, but Taehyun’s eyes dart towards Soobin, a pleading glint in those orbs.