Prologue

Narrator POV

???: "Most people always dream of being the best; the strongest, the fastest, the one who stands atop all others. They might try for their whole lives to achieve that goal, most never will, be it because of an external issue that prevents them, or their enthusiasm just fizzles away. But for some they never have to push themselves, they're just born into a position where they're guarantied success. Their born for greatness. Most people would love it... but then they grow up and face reality. After all, when your put on a pedestal, it might feel good for a while. But you soon become disconnected from the people that put you up there. And while most people dream of being the best, I simply dream to be part of crowd, to just be normal."

Rain pelted against the 15-year-old boy monologing to himself under his breath, the crowd parted to let him through. Whether it be due to them knowing who his parents are or because of his natural air of authority and power. His face was partially covered by the hood of his designer black jacket, yet people still recognised him from the golden hair poking from under the hood, and his eyes, his shining scarlet eyes seeming to pierce through the vail of rain like a spear. Continuing his march past a dark alleyway, a scream raked through the air like a hot knife through butter. Before the scream had even finished the teen twisted into the alley with the grace of a gymnast, sprinting through the alley his heart beat faster and faster. Sliding over a dumpster he saw the source of the commotion. Three thugs, all seeming in their late teens, were surrounding a girl in presumably her mid-teens.

Thug1: "Come on doll face, just give us everything in your pockets and bag. While you're at it why don't you give us a good time~."

Thug2: "Yeah girlie. We'll show you a real good time. You'll be crawling back to us for more before we're done."

Thug3: "Hurry it up bitch we ain't got all day, and I've got quite the endurance~"

Having heard enough the golden eyed teen behind them decided to make his presence known. The air seemed to become stale and unbreathable, while gravity felt as though it had increased tenfold. The tugs began to sweat like pigs, while the aura that terrified the thugs so much seemed soothing to the girl. Like a warm summer breeze on a quiet meadow.

???: "Well, if you'd calmly leave, we can resolve this issue quickly and efficiently. I'm certain at least one of you has something important to be doing. Or I could beat you all bloody and mail you home looking like minced beef. Your pick, but be warned, I struggle holding back."

These few sentences were enough to scare two of the older teens to run for the hills. The largest of the three was the only one left in the alleyway with the pair of younger teens. With a battle cry, the last thug charged at the hooded teen aiming for a right hook. With an elegant twirl the younger of the two was behind his opponent, with a simple sweep kick the older of the two lost balance. Using the opening, the red eyed boy punched the thug in the face causing him to fall to the ground with a broken nose.

Thug: "you fucking bastard!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

He charged forward with the ferocity of a bull. The hooded boy simply stood there and let the larger of the two tackle him.

???: "Too easy."

Wrapping his legs around their chest and arms around their neck, the golden-haired boy allowed himself to be brought down by the thug. After a few seconds the larger boy stopped struggling, he was out cold. The younger of the two got up and sighed in frustration. Running a hand through his hair out of habit and unintentionally knocking his hood off, revealing his shining golden hair to the girl who had been silent the entire time. Her eyes widened in recognition of her crimson eyed saviour. Y/n L/n, the national mixed martial arts champion for their age group.