How You Met

"A rope, Moomin! I need a rope!" This was the third time (Y/n) had yelled those words. She had begun to feel annoyed that her friend was still ignoring what she was shouting.

It had been a simple game of tag when (Y/n) was pushed too hard and landed in a dark ditch. Her friends had been standing at the top, trying to understand what she was yelling.

"Don't worry (Y/n)! Little My brought help!" Moomin called from the top.

(Y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. 'All I asked for was a rope, just one simple rope.'

As if someone had heard her thoughts, a rope had appeared in front of her. Perhaps it was the 'help' that Little My brought.

"Pull when you've got a good grip on the rope!" An unfamiliar voice called.

Ready to get out of the ditch, (Y/n) gripped onto the rope. Her legs crossing each other to be attached. Once she was ready, she pulled on the rope twice. And in a matter of a minute, she was out. A pair of unfamiliar eyes met hers as she looked between her two friends.

A taller male in an olive green jacket stood next to Moomin. His peanut colored hair was barely visible due to a tall, forest green hat resting on top of his head. A tusky yellow scarf was wrapped around his neck, hiding the lower section of his face.

(Y/n)'s cheeks heated when he gave her a soft smile, holding out a hand.

"Apologies for my rudeness, my name is Snufkin." (Y/n) hesitantly shook his hand.

"I'm (Y/n)," she replied quietly. Snufkin chuckled at her shyness and dropped his hand. "Thank you for pulling me up."

Snufkin grinned. "Of course," he picked up the rope that they had used and began to wrap it around his arm. "All you needed was a rope, correct?"

A small laugh escaped (Y/n)'s lips. "That's what I tried to tell Moomin."

Moomin huffed. "It was hard to hear you from all the way down there! Right, Little My?"

Little My held her hands up. "Don't pull me into this!"

The others laughed at her response.

Snufkin turned to (Y/n) with a smile. "Are you hungry? I have leftover salmon from this morning's catch, and I don't believe I can eat it by myself." He winked at the last part.

(Y/n) flushed and nodded. "S-Sure, I suppose missing breakfast won't do me any good when it comes time to eat dinner."

The two walked side-by-side through the forest, exchanging stories of who they were and what had brought them to Moomin Valley.