Love At First Flight - Part One

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who wish to stay in one place their whole lives and those who crave danger and adventure.

(Y/n) (L/n) saw the whole world as one big challenge of adventure. Each new Valley, group of people, culture, and new foods- all of which were studied then journalized.

The way she got around was easy enough. A homemade aeroplane built to survive the toughest conditions- at least that's what it used to do.

"Shoot shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot-" BANG! A burning smell filled (Y/n)'s nose. She looked over her shoulder with a pale face and widened her eyes.

One of the propellers has caught fire, slowly beginning to fail.

"Aw nuts." (Y/n) fixed her goggles over her eyes and tightened her grip on the joystick. This was going to be a bumpy landing.

-

"Snufkin!" Moomin's voice echoed through the Valley as he called for his best friend. Though the vagabond has asked not to be bothered, Moomin thought this was something important.

"Moomin, I thought I told you to leave me alone today," Snufkin sighed, not taking his eyes off the fishing line.

"B-But we found something strange on the beach! An unconscious woman that's stuck to a seat of what seems to be an aeroplane!"

The vagabond turned away from the line with a raised eyebrow. "An aeroplane, you say?" Moomin nodded. "Alright then, lead me to it."

Once Moomin and Snufkin arrived at the beach, a surprising scene played in front of them.

A woman stood on top of a rusted aeroplane. She was pointing at what seemed to be a machete at Little My and Snorkmaiden. "S-Stay back, please.

A smile played onto Snufkin's chapped lips. The way she dressed and how she acted towards others told him she was a fellow adventurer. "Pardon me, miss, but we're not savages. The last thing we'd do is harm you."

The woman lowered the machete then pocketed it. "Apologies," she sighed. "One can never be too careful when reaching new land- well... not on purpose." She hopped down from the plane, brushing the dirt off that had attached to her uniform. "I dunno what happened to o'l Scarlet here... but all can be said is that she failed, and I crashed here."

Snufkin looked at the aeroplane, then the woman. "I'm pretty sure we can help you repair it."

Moomin's face lit up. "Yeah! Maybe we can get Snork to help!"

Little My, who had nearly got a machete to her forehead, crossed her arms. "Whatever."

The woman grinned. "Alrighty then!"

Snufkin nodded, turning pink. "Sure thing. Can we get your name?"

The grin stretched further as the woman removed the goggles from over her eyes. "Captain (Y/n) (L/n) of the Scarlet O' Air at your service."