Chapter 1 - ..lost..

{this chapter is mostly about mike and el but I promise its still byler!! <3 }

mike wheeler was a young teen who was so in love with a girl that he thought his whole world revolved around her. when she suddenly disappeared it broke his heart and his life felt like it was ripped away from him. he spent the nights crying and the days angry always seen with a constant scowl. the teen even stopped talking to his friends, he felt so near but yet so far from them. dustin and lucas would always invite him to places such as the arcade, scoops ahoy and even to see the newest movies but he never showed to any of them instead he searched and searched for his 'other half' all around Hawkins but there was no trace no hint it was like she was a ghost. this tore him apart..

The confused teen felt alone and broken without el, he loved her with all his heart but she left him without an explanation this only made him feel worse, everyday he questioned himself putting the blame all on him like he did something wrong but he didn't know what. memories of their times together attacked him, everything reminded him of her 

He lay in his room, spread out on his bed just staring at the plain white ceiling lost in a deep thought "el.." he muttered quietly to himself  this only numbed his heartache for a few seconds before the feelings flooded back into him stronger than before almost bringing tears to his tired eyes mike was and had always been an emotional kid it was nothing new but the feelings of sorrow had left all that remained was anger. The house was complete quiet except for his mothers soft hums as she did the washing and his little sisters endless babbling in the room next to him. Mike had no idea what anybody was doing, not will, not Lucas or dustin, not even Nancy! he was too distracted for that.. the lanky male slowly sat up with a small groan as he leaned over to his old bedside table where his huge walkie talkie was placed and snatched it. he pressed the button and began to speak "hey, its mike, anybody there.. over" mike lifted his finger slightly while waiting. Hoping. for a reply from anybody he didn't mind who at this point, he was just so tired of being alone.

 Dustin was currently at scoops ahoy annoying his friend, king of Hawkins Steve the hair Harrington, it was dustin's new favorite thing to do the reactions Steve gave were the best while Lucas on the other hand was too busy helping his family around the house with chores most of them were Erica's since she didn't wanna get her hair 'messy'. the only one who wasn't busy was his best friend will byers who was just drawing in his room he did that often since there wasn't a lot to do especially for him..he was the towns local punching bag so he stayed inside now most of the time. 

will let out a small sigh as he licked his lips trying to concentrate on the details he was adding to his artwork until flinching slightly when hearing the high pitched screech of the walkie talkie giving feedback, he grabbed it and speedily replied to his friend "oh hey mike! you feeling any better? over!" the smaller male spoke back much more cheery than the other 

"will! hi and no not really.. what are you doing right now?" he asked forgetting to confirm he was finished talking earning a long silence "..over.." mike spoke breaking the awkward pause.

"oh uhm..im just doodling and fixing my will the wise hat, one of the stars fell off I guess that's what I get for asking Johnathan for help.." he said sarcastically before giggling "what about you? over!" 

"bored..just sat on my bed, can you come over I need somebody to speak to and really I think your the best listener out of the others.. over" mike's tone was weak which was very unusual.

"yeah gimme a sec and ill be right around, over and out!" will felt relieved that mike actually wanted to be around somebody this was the first time in weeks or months they had lost the track of days. he wanted to do whatever he could to help his best friend, he would do anything to see his smile once more. ever since he could remember mike and himself were very close which ended up in will catching feelings for the other but having to push them away knowing that he wouldn't be accepted by the public and telling himself that his family and friends would hate him. will already suffered from bullying even from his father, Lonnie who would constantly call him homophobic slurs for doing anything remotely girly or more feminine it hurt him.. a lot.. it was his dad so he expected a little bit more from him but nope.. 

Mike sat up and smiled slightly knowing he would see his friend again soon but soon noticed his room was trashed clothes were thrown everywhere and the floor was covered in rubbish and dirty laundry "shit.." he spat and groaned before rising out of his bed starting to pick up the clean clothes that were dotted around even a shirt was resting upon his lamp close to falling off "clean clothes check!" the next step was to put away his DIRTY clothes such as pants, underwear, shirts and so on. he was close to finishing when dropping the last shirt into the laundry basket "dirty clothes...check!" the taller teen grinned and hummed to himself when throwing away the empty sweet packets. cleaning his disaster of a bedroom was really distracting and almost therapeutic it made him feel like he was sorta getting his life back but still there was that one part of him that was still hurting "phew finished!!" he cheered successfully until sniffing up and smelling a foul stench of sweat and body odour "holy shit!" mike quickly grabbed some clean clothes and a towel then ran over to the bathroom. he took a  glance of himself in the mirror now only realizing how much of a mess he was but he was now ready to open up so at least hes getting better right?,,sure,,

mike bent down to turn on the shower taps making sure the water wasn't too hot or too cold he wanted it just right. next he began to undress slowly, unbuttoning his yellow striped shirt and throwing it aside soon came off the shorts and underwear. he took one step into the shower instantly getting greeted by the warm water than ran down his pale skin it felt great, the water was giving him the longing of warmth that he wanted and needed. the dark haired male smiled softly as his eyes closed. he stood still for a few minutes just letting the water embrace him until finally snapping out of it and grabbing the shampoo as he tilted his head back ever so slightly to let the water soak his beautiful raven locks. mike squirted a dollop of shampoo into his hand before massaging it into his hair making sure it covered everywhere while he read the bottle because of pure boredom "hmm.. for better use leave for 2-3 minutes uhm okay.." he did just that, he left it and without wasting any time he took the sponge in one hand and the body soap into the other, rubbing them together then washing himself trying to hide the fact that he had been crying and hadn't slept well enough in days.

soon enough he was finished in the shower, the room was steamy and hot almost like a sauna causing a chuckle to escape him as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, water still dropping from his wet hair down his chest to his stomach. mike swung open his bedroom door with a smirk feeling better in himself for getting things back together. he looked down at his bed where he had placed his clean clothes only to see will sat there all flustered and red at the sight in front of him "oh fuck! sorry will I-" mike tried to explain himself but his stammers interuped "no no no! its my fault don't worry, im so so so sorry!" will put his hands up in defense then covered his eyes and looked away "I uh.. your mom just let me in and uh um.. told me to wait in your room" the nerves was clear in the smaller males voice "its fine will, don't worry" he smiled and rushed to get dressed. 

"you can look now dude" mike placed the towel over his hair to stop the dripping and then nudged the other to try and lighten the mood slightly. will turned to face mike and shoved him back "so what did you wanna talk about?.." he tilted his head 

his reply was simple "el.."