Chapter Two: Maybe We

(Her outfit above)

I woke up in my hotel room, squinting from the bright sun seeping through the blinds. I rubbed my eyes and stretched out. First day in London. This will be exciting. I needed to be at my internship by one o'clock so I had plenty of time to get ready, seeing it was nine.

I made my way to the kitchen area and made a glass of chocolate milk. Yeah, I know it sounds kid-ish, but coffee and plain milk is gross and I just so happened to have milk and Hershey's chocolate syrup in my mini fridge. After drinking my milk, I went to my suitcase to pick out some clothes. I needed to make a good impression on my first day. I decided on wearing an argyle style sweater with mom jeans and Doc Martens. I did soft makeup. Just glossy lips, a soft coral eyeshadow, blush, freckles since the blush covers my natural ones, and highlighter just on my nose. After doing my makeup I decided I needed a bag. You know, to hold my phone and wallet and what not in. After rummaging through my clothes, I found a small bag I packed. It was blue and NASA. The final touch to my outfit was a tan bucket hat and a lock necklace.

After checking the time--which was ten thirty if you were wondering--I thought I'd explore, look around and try to find a hangout spot. What? You can't just go somewhere for a few months and not have that one spot where you go to think.

I stepped out of the hotel and breathed in the fresh air of London. It was beautiful. All the leaves were colorful because it was Autumn, falling on the sidewalk. My feet crunched against the leaves as I walked down the street, searching for a place. I was hoping there would be some sort of cafe or a library bookstore type thing. Those are always the best places. After walking for about five minutes, I came upon exactly what I was looking for. There was a small cafe, called Cafe De Jenereau's and a bookstore, Poffey's. I smiled to myself in accomplishment before walking into the cafe. I ordered a croissant and a raspberry lemonade before making my way to Poffey's. Luckily, there was no "no food or drink" sign, so I brought my food in and ate in silence.

***

I walked into a giant building. This was supposedly where I'd be interning. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting. At all. I took a deep breath before walking up to the front desk to the lady that sat there. She looked really young. Like early twenties. She smiled up at me and folded her hands together. "Hey! What can I do for you?" Her words shocked me. She seemed so chill. Definitely not professional..........I like it.

I smiled back at her and wiggled my knees nervously. "I'm just here for my internship."

The lady made an O shape with her mouth and typed something into her computer. "Honor May Artis, that's you?"

"Yes miss." I answered.

The lady stood up and shook my hand excessively. "I'm Chandler Ferris! It's great to meet you! I've heard so much about you. I'm just glad we can work together. Follow me!"

Chandler grabbed my arm and excitedly dragged me through hallways. "Excuse me, working together? I thought you worked at the desk."

"Oh, no. I don't. I was just there to find you! The rest of the team and I thought it would be more welcoming if the face you see when you walk in is someone you'd be spending a lot of time with. The team also thought it should be me because I'm 'energetic' and 'peppy' I guess." Chander said with air quotes. Yeah. She's definitely energetic and peppy. Plus, she talks crazy fast.

I thought about what she said and scrunched my nose. "What do you mean by 'team'?" I asked. I didn't know I'd be working with some sort of team. I just thought I'd be in this building.