Chapter Three: In Another Life

(Honors outfit above)

"I still don't believe that you've never been in the designing business before." Emery said with his arms crossed.

I copied his actions in a mocking way, receiving a joking eyeroll from him. "Well Emery, sometimes people are just naturally born with talents. Some people sing, some can draw, but me? Well, I have impeccable fashion sense."

"No doubt." Emery agreed. "I mean, I was seventeen when I started working in design, but it took me a year to be able to work with this big time team, which is considered lucky. You....now you are incredibly lucky."

"Why thank you sir." I bowed.

The doors of the meeting room opened, revealing Spencer. "Guys, I'm glad you're becoming friends and all, but do you have those five outfit styles out? The Van Dijks will be here any second and we are on a time crunch."

"Yes ma'am." I soluted, walking over to the rack of clothes with different outfits. Today we'd be showing Ruel different outfits to get a feel for what his style is. I somewhat already know it. The past two times I've seen him, he wore pretty dope but comfy clothes, but apparently we always need to do this even if we think we know what the artist likes. Yes, once we have the outfits in their style picked out we show them to get their opinion since they will be wearing it, but we need to be sure of what they'll like I guess.

Just as I was rearranging the clothes on the hangers, Ruel and his family walked into the room. Spencer greeted them as me and Emery went over all the outfits. "You know," Emery started to whisper while leaning closer to me. "I'm glad that I have another person here to help me because Sofia can't always come and I hate when these famous people are rude." He laughed.

I laughed with him. "No need to worry, Ruel's just fine." I reassured him, so he'd know just in case he happened to have to help him out alone.

"You know him?"

"Yup." I mumbled while scribbling the size of a shirt on a tag. "Well, kinda. We met on the train ride here a few days ago." After a weird silence, I looked up to Emery, who had a smirk on his face. "What?" I asked, confused. Emery nodded his head up for me to turn around.

"Well well well." Ruel said while approaching me. "Hello miss. Do you happen to have the clothes?" He asked me, as if he didn't know me.

Kate rolled her eyes at her son. "Come on Ruel. Hello Honor. How are you?"

"I'm great! How are you?" I said politely.

Kate smiled at me. "I'm doing wonderful, thanks. How are you Emery?"

"I'm good, thanks." He replied shortly.

I turned around and took an outfit from the rack and presented it. "So this piece is more of a grunge type look. I personally think it's cool, but not really your style. So there's the shirt, which is obviously black, with ACDC on it and rips at the bottom. Along with the shirt, there's black ripped jeans, a leather jacket, and vans." I watched Ruel's face scrunch up, as if he didn't like it, but was scared to say so as if he'd hurt our feelings. "You know, if you don't like it just say it. That's the whole reason you're here." I joked.

"Okay, yeah no." Ruel quickly said while violently shaking his head side to side. It was like he was looking at the worst outfit in the world which is kinda sad because I have seen way worse.

Emery came from behind me, holding a different set. "This is a more casual and generic look." He explained. "Just a white shirt, plaid flannel, jeans, and converse. I think it's a great simple look, but according to Honor, it seems a little too simple for your liking, especially if you're wearing it while performing."