•Chapter 18•

"Well, I gotta get to class. I can bring you home though, if you need a ride." Marcus offers, brushing off Xavier's cold stare given to us just moments ago, as if it were nothing.

"Uum, yeah. Uhh, sure. Thanks." I hesitantly say, still a bit dazed from our previous encounter. "So meet me near the gymnasium after class then?" He asks and I just nod. He waves and heads off to his class, leaving me standing in the middle of the hallway with everyone buzzing around me to get to class.

Before I know what I'm doing, my feet start taking me to the complete opposite direction of my next class. I unconsciously lead myself to the main office and see Xavier in there getting his schedule with a cold scowl on his face.

My stomach immediately pangs with guilt the second my eyes meet his hard features, knowing that I caused that. My body, with a mind of it's own, walks me to the office in long and fast strides. I take one last deep breath before pulling the handle of the door open.

I enter the office and slowly walk up to the main desk, where Xavier is collecting his schedule. He organizes his papers in such an angry and harsh manner that I can't help but laugh at the office lady's concerned face.

I swiftly cover my mouth to try and quickly silence my laugh, hoping that I didn't draw any attention to myself, but when I look up, I am greeted with two pairs of eyes looking at me. Well, one pair of eyes glaring at me, being Xavier's.

"Long time no see Ms. Brooks." The office lady playfully teases with a welcoming smile. "You were just here this morning for your schedule, what brings you back?" She asks, getting to the point. I freeze up and ball my hands into fists by my sides. Shortly after me doing so, they start to get clammy and sweaty from my nerves kicking in.

I open my mouth to say something, anything, but am thankfully interrupted. "Oh, you must be here to give our newest student a quick tour of our school!" She assumes. "Wait, that wouldn't make any sense considering that you are a new student yourself..." She says with her head tilted slightly to the right, confused.

"I remember that you used to go here, but I wasn't fully aware that you could remember details about your school.?" She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, you see, my class likes to misbehave, so the teacher unfortunately had no choice, but to send me. But don't worry, this whole day I have slowly been remembering the format of the school and am perfectly capable of giving a tour." I reassure her with a polite smile.

"Okay, and worst case scenario, just lead him back here and we'll send for someone else." She says with a smile. I nod and ask her to call my history teacher to excuse from class because he wasn't sure if I'd be able to give the tour and needs it to be confirmed.

Luckily she believes my quick excuse and calls my history teacher telling him that I'm giving the new student a tour and writes us both a pass. I take it with a smile and lead Xavier outside of the office.

As soon as I step foot outside of the office, the tension in the air between us, thickens and the friendly smile I once held, is nowhere to be seen. I firstly lead him to his locker so he can get settled in, despite it being the end of the day, I just didn't want him to carry his stuff around for the remainder of the day.

As soon as that's done, I start to lead him towards the junior's and senior's wing of the school, since that's where most of his classes will be. So far, we have not said a word to each other, and I am trying to put together a functioning sentence to say to him.

"I really am sorry that I kissed Marcus.." The words come tumbling out of my mouth before I can stop them. "Are you sorry that you kissed him or that you got caught?" He asks me annoyed, with out even glancing my way. "Honestly?" I ask him. He abruptly stops and turns towards me and says, "No, lie to me." Annoyance and sarcasm leaking through his tone.