4.

{.4. The Blood Quill}

The next day Carina had been hiding out in the astronomy tower after her lessons so she could gather her thoughts before her detention

The next day Carina had been hiding out in the astronomy tower after her lessons so she could gather her thoughts before her detention. She was nervous, she had only had detention once and that was when Professor Lupin had caught her out after curfew the week after she had encountered Sirius Black and she couldn't pull the cramps card again so he had too. He said he didn't have a choice and he was really sorry but he couldn't keep allowing it when he'd given others detention. Not that she minded though, Lupin had her finish homework and she got to be in his company and admire his handsome face for a few hours so it was great for her.

Pulling her out of her thoughts, someone sat down beside her and sighed. She continued looking out of the tower. She didn't want to acknowledge who was there because she knew it would result in her getting told off. She just didn't care. She missed Cedric, he used to advise her about her anxiety and help with her coping mechanisms.

"What were you thinking Carrie, talking back to Professor Umbridge like that?" Draco asked her

"She was disrespecting Cedric, I couldn't listen to it dragon," she whispered his nickname and Draco sighed softening as he looked at her, he placed an arm around her

"Carrie, you need to be careful, I think she could be dangerous she mentioned your new stepdad, he's dangerous Carrie and he's really pushing this betrothal," Draco said and carina sighed starting to feel her heart rate increase at the sound of the betrothal

"I have to go, I don't want to discuss this right now," she said and got up

"Carrie—"

"Draco I said that's enough," she scolded "I have enough on my mind right now, I have to get to detention," she said and Draco nodded

"I'll walk you there," he said and Carina nodded

They walked down to Umbridge's office in silence, she was nervous because something about Umbridge really unsettled Carina and she wasn't sure what it was. Maybe it was the idiotic amount of pink she wore or the fact that her voice was stupidly high and false but Carina didn't like it.

They arrived at Umbridge's office and Potter was already outside. She gave him a slight smile before turning to Draco.

"Tell Blaisey I'll see him tomorrow ok?" She smiled and Draco nodded, she squeezed his shoulder and turned to Potter.

"Hi," he said cordially and Carina smiled

"Hello," she smiled "so do you want to knock?" She asked and Potter nodded clearing his throat.