5

"Excuse me! It's Shinra from the 8th!"

Standing at the curtained doorway was Shinra, slightly disappointed that no one had been at the headquarters. His body flinched as Benimaru pressed a rod of wood against his neck, "C-Captain Shinmon...?" Shinra questioned, "If this was combat, you'd be dead." The man replied.

"You're here to have me train you right? Don't let your guard down." Benimaru explained, Shinra rubbed his neck as beside him stood his blonde friend Arthur, who tagged along. He grinned at Shinra, "Dimwit." In a flash, the same rod of wood knocked onto his forehead, "I told you, don't let your guard down." Benimaru repeated.

————
Benimaru stood in front of the two young men, he lifted a hand, causing the two to flinch, but he placed it onto the back of his head, rubbing it, making the two sigh. "You aren't relaxing are you? There are no rules in combat." Benimaru said, "You never know what might happen." He said, taking a heavy step which caused the two to flinch.

"Isn't it exhausting?"

"Y-Yes, sir." Shinra and Arthur replied. "That's because your life isn't at stake. It's the tension itself you're feeling that gets you worked up." Benimaru explained, "On the battlefield, feel life, instead." He continued, "Your own life, your friends lives, the other sides lives. When you're aware of all those lives, the tension won't get you so worked up." Shinra narrowed his eyes, "You're saying to treasure life, then."

"When you're feeling life, it becomes harder to leave yourself vulnerable."

Benimaru moved on, "Now, on with the training. Come at me like I'm out for your lives."

Just as training began, (Y/n) slid open the doors of the headquarters, eyes widened slightly, "Oh, they're going at it." She said, accompanied by the twins, They're going at it!" They yelled in sync.

Benimaru lifted his hand and curled his thumb, releasing a big force on the two that made them stop in their tracks, "Alright, that's enough." He said, "You're aptitude is okay, but you're not about to hit me." He continued, "You're attacks have no element of surprise. You're lacking something." Shinra blinked, "Lacking something?" He repeated.

"Do you know what that is?" Benimaru asked.

"A finishing move."

Immediately, Shinra's eyes sparkled, "A finishing move-" A hard hick to the face cut him off as he crashed into the ground, making Hina and Hika make a noise of amazement. (Y/n) concealed her smile behind her kimono sleeve, "I told you not to let your guard down! Devise a finishing move that capitalizes on your speed advantage."

"Leave it to you, Captain Shinmon. You're the best at noticing these things."

Benimaru furrowed his eyebrows at the new voice, "Huh?" A tall, pale man with big curly black hair saluted half-hearted, "Oh, hello there. I'm company 8's gate-crashing forensic science team, Viktor Licht." The young man introduced himself.

"I've thought up a way to power-up Shinra."

The two trainees blinked.

"Captain Shinmon, can I ask for your assistance?" Viktor asked, "What do you mean?" The man asked, "Put simply, jet propulsion." He explained, "Converging flames into one direction will increase propulsion force." He lifted a finger, "By compressing the emitted flame, burst firepower can be increased."

"In other words, focus one flames tighter, right?"

Viktor bobbed his head, "Yes indeed." Benimaru slipped off one sleeve of his uniform, hand bursting in flames, "Is this much firepower enough?" He asked, "Yes indeed!"

(Y/n) watched as the flame Benimaru produced smoothed itself into a flat oval shape, before it shot off with enough force to make the man slide back a little. "Awesome!" Shinra said to himself. "Right now, Shinra, your flames waste fully spread out in many directions." Viktor explained as he found himself seated very close beside (Y/n), right in front of Konro.

"By simply consolidating them, your thrust will increase that much."

"If you condense your flames in one direction, like Captain Shinmon did, you should be able to produce more speed than you currently do."

Shinra grinned, "If I can do that, I'll have my finishing move!"

"Oh, how cute. A scientist." (Y/n) smiled as she set down a tray of tea for the two, "Please, help yourself." She said, taking a seat beside the man. Viktor's eyes rose up and down the woman, "Ah, you must be the 5ths famous Phoenix, am I right?" He asked, "The one with the rare type of generation." He said. (Y/n) blinked, "I didn't realize so many people know me."

————
"In old proto-national martial arts, there are what are called tenokata." (Y/n) explained, "The thing Beni does with his index and middle fingers is one of them." She said. "There are many forms to use them, the one I use is Tora Higishi, a form in which increases foot power."

(Y/n) lifted her hand, "Place your index finger over the base of your thumb, and place your thumb under the base of your index finger." She demonstrated. Shinra listened and obeyed as she continued, "Concentrate the flow of ki in your body to one spot."

"This also affects your flames."

Shinra looked down onto his fingers, "Control my ki with my fingers...?"

(Y/n) slipped off the kimono sleeves of her uniform, revealing a tank top underneath, making the young man secretly pull a face of enjoyment in his head, kicking off her geta's, (Y/n) lifted one bare foot and had it shift into a large eagle foot. The (f/c) and (2nd/f/c) flames were small, sprouting off the digits.

Kicking off, (Y/n) shifted her other foot into the talons, and her arms burst into pretty flames, taking the shape of large feathered wings.

"Miss. (Y/n) can control her flames too...even more than Captain Shinmon..." Shinra muttered under his breath as he focused, seeing the woman turn into that form was nothing new, but it felt like the first time he's seen her this way, (Y/n) was simply awesome.

"I'll leave it to you to figure it out." (Y/n) smiled, using her talon to grab both her geta's, and made her way back to Konro and Viktor.

The scientist rubbed his chin, "I see." He said, his eyes soaking the beautiful form (Y/n) was in, "Simply splendid, the 5th is very lucky to have such a beautiful young woman who sports an amazing ability." He said, not a care in the world when Konro narrowed his eyes at him.

Suddenly, Shinra shot up into the sky, his impressive speed forcing a huge force of wind around, making (Y/n) shield her body from the dust.

It cleared to reveal a crater in the ground.

————
The day ended as dawn slowly fell to reveal a nice night, the twins set off sticks of sparks as they aimed them towards the ground, giggling.

Konro smiled at the sight of (Y/n) walking out, holding a tray of sliced watermelon, setting it down for them, she refilled their tea, "How are they?" She asked, meaning about Shinra and Arthur.

The woman turned to spot them blowing at each other sticks, trying to kill the spark that they had, only to result in both setting out at the same time. (Y/n) smiled, "Oh, how cute. They're still kids." She said. Benimaru hummed, taking a wedge of the fruit and taking bites, making space for (Y/n) to sit down.

She smiled and took her seat, watching as the four set off more sparks.

Training would continue tomorrow.