Said and Done

said and done • fem!reader
With Din being injured from a past fight, you're the one in charge of the hunts for now—and Din realizes he likes having you in control.

—§—

"No."

"Yes." Din's modulated voice is firm, already clueing you in to the fact that he's not going to be changing his mind anytime soon. You know he's too stubborn for his own good.

"Din, you are in no shape to come on this hunt." You place your hands on your hips, gesturing to the makeshift sling that holds Din's left arm in place. "Your elbow—."

"Was dislocated, not broken," Din reminds you, his rasp even more firm than usual as he takes a step closer to where you're standing by the weaponry in the hull. "The kid did what he could for it. It's back in place and it's practically fine." Din tries to show you by taking off the sling, trying to extend his arm out—but you catch the wince he tries to hide behind his helmet. "See?" The word is uttered through gritted teeth.

"Nice try, Mandalorian," you retort, unable to keep yourself from grinning at his tough display as you help him to place his arm back in the sling. "Even the fiercest of warriors can't deny the true pain of dislocating bones."

"Still," Din sighs, shoulders falling forward a bit in his failure to appear unaffected, "I can at least be there, just in case something happens. It's not my dominant hand."

You cross your arms as you stand in front of him, chewing on your lower lip as you ponder his words. He'd dislocated his arm on his last hunt, having gotten in a bar fight with some of the quarry's entourage and ending up with an arm laying limp as he threw the quarry over his other shoulder. It'd been about a week since then, but still, you knew he needed more time—and obviously, due to what just happened, Din was still in quite a bit of pain.

But he had a point. He could at least come as backup for you on the hunt. You know he doesn't like to sit around and do nothing—especially if you're the one out there doing something risky. His protection over both you and the child got even more intense after you became his riduur, and you know that all he wants to do is make sure he's taking care of his clan.

So, with a heavy sigh and a repositioning of your hands back onto your hips, you give him a nod. "Fine. But you're only serving as backup. You're not to fight unless absolutely necessary. Understand that, Djarin?"

Din nods back at you. "Understood, Djarin."

You can't help smiling a bit at the fact he'd turned his name, which is now also your name, against you. "Also, I get the pulse rifle."

"I... couldn't handle that right now even if I wanted to, cyare."

You laugh, shaking your head as you reach for the rifle and use the strap Din had given you to secure it over your shoulder. "I guess your lessons with me are finally gonna come in handy." You're in the middle of placing additional charges into a pouch on your belt when you stop looking up at Din with a raised eyebrow. "You also know you're gonna have to watch over the child in his pram, right?"

"That was part of the plan." Din chuckles a bit as he twirls his blaster in his good hand, securing it back in his holster. "You act like I've never been on a hunt before, cyar'ika."

"I'm just making sure." You snicker playfully as Din shakes his helmet at you.

"Seems like you're in control here."

"Seems like I am." You pause to look at Din with another brow raised. "If you'll let me be." The look in your eye communicates the words you don't say: I can handle it.