1. New School

(Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this new story!)

I shut my alarm off with a yawn. I looked around my room and lazily fell back on my bed.

First day of school...oh no I need to get ready! I got out of bed and grabbed the outfit I had sat out for school.

I put it on and checked in the mirror to make sure I liked it. I walked downstairs and saw that Dad was asleep on the couch. Where's Mom?

I grabbed a pop tart and began to eat it.

"You need a healthy breakfast if you wanna function properly for school" I turned and saw my older sister. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"I'll be fine" I assured her.

"Come on, lighten up. Its your first day of school!" She said trying to make me feel better. I stood up and threw the pop-tart wrapper away. My sis floated along behind me.

"I...miss..." I started to say, but trailed off.

"You miss what?" Penelope asked.

"I miss you..." I said looking down sadly.

"I'm right here, though. I might not be living, but...I'm still with you" Penelope tried to reassure me.

"It's not the same...can you...come to school with me...so I'm not alone?" I asked.

"Of course" Penny said with a smile.

"Who are you talking too?" I turned and saw Mom standing in the door frame to the kitchen.

"Penny" I answered. Mom smiled sadly.

"Tell her I love her?" Mom asked. I looked over at Penny and she was hugging Mom... Well trying to.

"Don't worry...she knows...she loves you too" I said with a smile.

"Are you ready for school?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I guess" I said with a sigh.

"Remember to make sure no one sees you talking to a ghost..." Mom said sternly.

"I know, Mom. We've already been over this a million times" I said trying to lighten the mood.

Mom pulled me into the hug. I furrowed my eyebrows, but hugged back.

"Want me to walk you to the bus?" Mom asked.

"Yeah" I answered.

"Okay, let's go" Mom said.

"Can Dad come?" I asked pulling away from the hug.

"He's sleeping, right now. He'll be awake when you get home" said Mom. I sighed and grabbed my backpack.

We walked down to the bus. Penny on one side and Mom on the other. The walk to the bus stop was quiet. There was nothing to be said. Its not like its a bad thing, we just didn't need to say anything.

We waited for about ten minutes and the bus finally showed up.

"Bye, Mom. I love you" I said giving her a hug.

"I love you too, sweetie" Mom said giving me a hug. I got on the bus and they closed the door on Penelope, but it didn't affect her...she just walked straight through them.

I sat down in a random seat and pulled out my phone.

"Aw, the new girl needed to say 'bye' to her Mommy" I heard someone say.

I looked up and saw this random kid. He wore a shirt with a skull on it. He had brown hair and was
very pale.

"Bitch, shut the fuck up. With your Sid from 'Ice Age' lookin ass" I insulted. He looked taken back by my insult. Probably never been stood up to before.

"Well-" He tried to speak again, but I cut him off.

"If you're not going to say something intelligent then don't speak. And by the shape of your head I can tell there's no room for intelligence in there" I said. I don't have any tolerance for bullying and if I see a bully I'm telling them what's what.

His friends began to laugh and he sat down angrily.

"Nice one, sis" Penny said.

"Thanks" I whispered. Although I didn't noticed that kid had heard it.

We arrived at school and I walked in avoiding all the friends talking in their cliche groups.

I found my locker and opened it. I looked around and saw a boy walking up to a locker with the words 'Freak' written on it.

He opens his locker, just then he notices another kid across the hallway is wiping off the word ‘FATTY’ from his locker.

That's when I saw him. The bully from earlier walking up to him. I glared at him watching to make sure he wouldn't do anything rude.

"Hey! Hey, ghost jerk, you know what?" The kid said. Ghost jerk?

"What do you want, Alvin?" The boy asked him looking absolutely done with his shit. So his name is Alvin.

"Why don’t you see some more ghosts? Goober!" Alvin said and the kids behind him laughed. See more ghosts? Can he talk to ghosts too?

I growled and marched over to the group. I stood in front of the poor boy.

"Oh, look! The girl who was talking to herself on the bus" Alvin said.

"Don't act so tough now. You know damn good and well I told your ass off. I will NOT tolerate bullying so leave!" I shouted crossing my arms.

"Are you a ghost freak, too?" Alvin asked ignoring my words.

"I know it's hard to get this through your tiny brain, but YOU. ARE. NOT. INTIMIDATING! SO KINDLY FUCK OFF!" I shouted. The entire hallway looked our way. I heard some people saying 'oooh'.

Alvin groaned and looked towards the kid behind me.

"Hey. Hey, Norman…" He said. So, that's his name...I like it. Alvin squats a fly buzzing around us against a locker and kills it. ",Talk to that!"

I growled and kneed him in the crotch. He held himself and I crossed my arms angrily.

"I gave you a warning. You brought this upon yourself" I said. He got up and ran away. I ran a hand through my hair and turned to Norman. He was facing Alvin who was running off.

"Flies don’t talk" Norman stated emotionlessly

"Does he bully you a lot, like that?" I asked. He turned towards me and nodded.

"I'm used to it" Norman answered. I looked at his locker and used my sleeve to wipe away the hurtful word written on the locker.

"You shouldn't have to get used to it" I said with a sigh.

"Thank you" He said. I smiled and shrugged.

"No need to thank me. I haven't even been here a full day and that Alvin kid already annoys me"

"I'm proud of you, sis" I heard Penny say. I turned and smiled at her, but quickly stopped when I realized Norman would see it.

"Um...I have to go" I said. I walked away quickly.

*Normans p.o.v*

I kept getting distracted by the ghost next to the new girl. Suddenly the ghost spoke to the girl.

"I'm proud of you, sis" The ghost says. The girl turns to the ghost and smiles. Did she...hear her? Does that mean she can see ghosts too?

The girl quickly looked away and her face held a panicked expression.

"Um...I have to go" The girl said. With that, she quickly walked away the ghost following close behind.

No one has ever stood up for me before...

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)