Chapter 29 (Final Chapter)

Harry’s POV:

I was busy the whole next day, getting everything ready for our date. I was at a jewelry store trying to find something when I got a text from Diana and a picture of her out of the hospital.

“Hey babe, I’m really excited for tonight. See you later. XOXO.”

I smiled and replied quickly.

“Look who is out! So proud of you. Get some rest. Love you.”

The rest of the afternoon flew by and before I knew it, it was time for me to pick up Diana. I left my house after saying goodbye to my Mum and sister.  I hummed happily as I drove over. I parked and ran the doorbell, holding a bouquet of flowers in my hand. Diana opened the door to me and I stood speechless. She was wearing a knee-length, hot pink dress with pink flats. She had the sides of her hair pulled back but the rest of it was down. She held a pink purse in one hand and stepped outside. “Hi.”

“You look beautiful,” I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed it softly.

“Why thank you sir. I had to look extra good tonight for you. Are those for me,” Diana took the flowers and smelled them. “They even match my outfit. Thank you!”

 Lily opened the door, “Hello lovebirds. Let me take those flowers from you. Have fun tonight.”

I walked to my car and looked Diana over again. “We look so good together.” Diana inspected my outfit. I was wearing a black and white suite that complimented her outfit.

She grabbed my tie and pulled me closer to her, kissing my lips. I smiled and kissed her back passionately. Diana stepped back, “I have always wanted to do that.”

 I chuckled, “I’m glad you did it on me. It was fun.” I opened the door for Diana and got in on the other side quickly. I held her hand as we drove to the restaurant and thought about how I was grateful she was here with me. The dinner went very well and I couldn’t keep my eyes off Diana. She was truly beautiful and I couldn’t believe she was mine. After dinner, I took Diana to the beach. We took off our shoes and I rolled up my pant legs before we started walking along the water. Diana shivered as we walked, “Are you cold Di? Here take this.” I draped my jacket around her shoulders.

Diana smiled, “Thanks.”

She leaned into my shoulder and I grinned. I stopped walking and turned to face Diana. “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can’t live without you. You are beautiful, smart, and brave and I can’t wait to get to know you more. When you were in a coma for a month, it was the worst month of my life. I don’t know if you knew this or not but the first day you were put in the hospital, the doctor told us that you could die. My heart dropped when he told me that.” I popped open a box and knelt down on one knee. “This is a promise ring and I’m presenting it to you. Will you take it?”

Diana was crying and nodded through her tears. I slid it on her finger and stood up and kissed her passionately. I broke the kiss and spun in circles, shouting with joy. Diana stopped me and pulled my tie again. I grinned wickedly into our kiss. “You have to do that from now on.”

Diana laughed and stared at the ring on her hand. “I don’t know how you will top this.”

I shrugged, “I will find a way. I always do.”

We watched as the sunset and I took a picture on the sly of Diana. I was about to take a selfie of us when Diana kissed my cheek by surprise. I looked at the photo. It had captured the moment perfectly. We stood, not moving, just watching the beautiful sunset. It was a perfect ending to a perfect date.