Prologue

A blinding light greeted me as I opened my eyes.

I began adjusting to the surrounding until I can clearly distinguish that I'm inside a room, but I can't tell whose room is it.

My nose cringed because of the strong scent of medicine. Where on earth am I?

I heard beeping sounds, patterned interval, and somewhat mechanical. I slightly turned my face to the left but immediately stopped because of the sudden pain that jolted through my head.

AH!

My right hand move to cupped my head but I can't willed it to do so. Something is connected in my hand and it hurts me as I tried to move. Now, both my head and hand hurt.

I looked at my hand and saw a needle-like tube inserted at the back of my palm. The thin plastic tube is long and is connected to a... dextrose?

Shocked and disoriented, panic overruled my whole system. My heart was racing and I could feel myself panting. I heard the fast beeping sound before the moment stopped.

Everything stopped, including my breathing. I heard a static sound followed by several footsteps that I can't recognize where they came from.

My vision started to become blurry and everything seems spinning. Pain infiltrated every vein that my body did not anticipate.

And I'm starting to fall into a deep sleep AGAIN.