XXIV. Thousand More

Three weeks had passed and I've been inspired to work since then. I visited her on my rest day as she changed hers too. We spent the whole day going to nearby places or staying in her cottage and binge-watching movies.

Whenever I visit her, I brought her favorite white roses and I've got to get to see her flushed face every time.

I also met Mrs. Ana Villacarlos, the one she told me that had helped her. She's sweet and caring and she knows about us, too. She told me one time, that I should never break her daughter's heart or else she'll ban me in her resort for laugh. She laughs as she looked at my stunned face. But she added that she's not joking so I assured her that I will never hurt Keirstine and that my intentions are pure.

Nick and Aya got tired of asking me about where I've been in my every rest day because I have never told them a thing. I just don't want to tell them about us yet because we never been official. I am still courting her and I told her that I am not in a hurry so she can take her time.

Today is Friday and we are going back home to Louisville. We had already received our certificate of completion and other documents for our internship and all is settle. We are going home but I felt heavy-hearted in leaving. I wanted to go to Keirst before we depart but they insisted on leaving today. So I made a deal with Aya.

I'll tell her everything when I got home in Louisville if she'll convince Nick to leave without me.

"That'll be hard!" she said in a whisper. We are currently loading our things in the car and Nick went to the unit to fetch something he left.

"It's just simple. You just need to make him drive home. You won't even notice that I'm gone from behind." I explained.

"What about my things?"

We saw Nick coming down with a phone in his hand.

"Act angry and transfer your luggage. Now!" she seems confused but she gasped as she realizes what I mean.

"I hate you! Don't talk to me ever again!" She pushed me hard and got her luggage from my trunk. Nick stood her confused as Aya went inside his car. "Nick, let's go!"

"What the hell happened?" he asked me. I shrug in response. Less talk, less mistake.

"Nick, come on! Let's leave that insensitive person behind!"

"What did 'ya do, man?"

"I don't really remember." I blurted.

"'Aight, see you then. Just follow behind," he said and went in his car.

I followed behind them. I drove slower at some point to fall behind them further. When I can't see Nick's car upfront, I decided to pull over and sent a text to him.

I opened my inbox and Aya's message pop up.

I told him that I pleaded you to open the window throughout the ride but you declined.

And I got mad at you for being insensitive.

He didn't buy that, god!

I have to tell him that I'm on red days. That shuts him up.

Your part of the deal, don't forget!

I smiled as I read her messages. I composed a message to Nick saying that I forgot something and I have to make a U-turn. I turned off my phone after sending the message and turned up the engine.

I arrived at the resort and went directly to the resort's restaurant in the hope that she's there cooking. I asked the one behind the counter and said that Keirstine is currently in an event on the beachside.