Connections

Daryl

Whiskey wasn't even to blame for this.

Daryl was sober as all hell, having not had a drink before Meri had transported him to the club. He'd simply followed what felt right, and that had led him to finding himself being kissed roughly by first Carbry then Meriwa, whose power raced through him like a lightning bolt at the contact.

The music had ended at some point, and Daryl then found himself still straddling the older vampire, their bodies pressed tightly together.

Carbry smirked at him before offering him a wink and loosening his grip. "My gratitude to your teacher."

Daryl realized that if he remained where he was for much longer, it would probably get a little awkward, so he ducked his head, fighting the blush creeping up the back of his neck as he half-stood then leaned against the edge of the stage as he moved off of Carbry. Before he could move any further, he found his arm being grabbed and his body being gently tugged.

As Daryl turned to find himself in Ryker's lap, he realized his outfit was once again the pants and shirt Meriwa had originally picked out for him, though she'd left the tight leather thong under his pants this time. Lifting his eyes to his mate, he expected to see some level of jealousy or discontent, but was surprised when he only found himself meeting Ryker's dark and aroused gaze.

Daryl smiled faintly as he spoke. "Hey."

" 'S for horses." Ryker grinned at him before capturing his lips in a bruising kiss. Daryl found himself slipping his arms around Ryker's neck, running through the man's hair as they kissed until he was gasping for breath.

Ryker grinned against his lips and murmured, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Daryl grinned back before adding, "I hope I didn't ruin your night."

Ryker barked a laugh that turned into a growl then kissed him hard for a moment more before shaking his head. "You couldn't, that's impossible. Though we need another bottle of whiskey. It appears Carbry has finished it all."

"I could go for another whiskey or four." Meriwa laughed, reminding Daryl that they weren't, in fact, alone.

When Daryl looked over, he realized Meri had replaced him on Carbry's lap, though she was facing the stage and leaning back against the man who had his arms wrapped around her as he wore a look of dark contentment on his face.

Daryl looked away before the older vampire could look at him, feeling himself flush one more and pulling himself to stand. "I'll go grab another."

Ryker reluctantly let him go, frowning softly. "That's what the waitstaff are for."

"I know." Daryl winked at him as he grabbed the empty bottle and headed towards the bar. Ryker didn't object any further, probably knowing Daryl needed a moment away from the booth to clear his head. He hadn't been induced, unless you could count a heavy, drug-like intoxication of the swirling mass of feelings that had led him through his strip tease. But Daryl had suddenly found himself overwhelmed by...everything. The dance. After the dance. This was simply a lot to take in.

Surprisingly, he made it to the bar and placed the bottle on the counter before someone stepped up to his side. "How much would it cost for a private dance, no holds barred?"

He caught the bartender's eye and received a nod in acknowledgment of Daryl's order before he turned to regard the female vampire who was standing beside him. The woman who'd spoken was dressed to tempt, with a short skirt and a low cut top that highlighted her dangerous curves.

Daryl wasn't interested, of course, but he wouldn't have minded the complement in her offer. Wouldn't have minded it, that is, if he hadn't been getting a sinking, dark feeling from the woman.

His words were friendly yet guarded as he replied. "Ah, I'm done."

"Who do I need to talk to? The woman?" She glanced over to the booth where Ryker, Meri, and Carbry were all idly watching another dancer on stage.

"Nah. I make my own decisions." Daryl turned to look back at the woman before the bartender approached with another bottle of whiskey as he continued, "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

The female vampire reached out to grab his arm only to jerk backwards as if shoved, shaking her hand and letting out a curse. Whatever had happened, it caused her eyes to narrow as she angrily spoke. "What the hell are you?"

Daryl shrugged, giving her a sheepish grin. "Well connected."

He recognized the scent of his best friend and still felt her magic eddying around him as he hefted the bottle and turned to walk back toward the booth. As he approached, he noticed that Meri was smirking at him, which drew a smile to his own lips.

And he'd thought his life had been strange when he'd first met Ryker.

Turns out things can get even stranger...