•01•

"Yeojong-ah!!"

The said girl turned around, spotting his handsome boyfriend walking towards her, holding a cup of Americano and a cup of chocolate latte. A smile was formed on her face, her boyfriend is perfect.

"Hm, you're a little late", she giggled taking her chocolate latte from his hand.

"I'm sorry, I ran into a friend of mine on the way back"

"Nuga?"

"Shindong hyung."

Yeojong nodded at his words. Shindong is Donghae-her boyfriend-'s high school friend. They were classmates and both of them are amazing at dance too. They might be awkward at first, but as they spend lots and lots of time together, practicing most of the time, their friendship lasted longer than they thought.

"Speaking of hyung, he said that there's a dance studio around here. Maybe you want to join? It's been a long time since you last danced you know. I just want to see you happy doing those smooth moves again."

The last time Yeojong danced was before the accident, where she broke her left leg after slipping on the stairs. Thankfully she just needs about 3 months to recover fully and get back to her daily activities. But still, after those 3 months the doctor couldn't let her do any heavy activities, one of them being dancing. She was a really passionate dancer back then, that's what made Donghae fell for her at the first sight. She was the queen of dancing in her high school and college. She was that good.

"I don't even know if I could dance again.. I'll try first, then I'll consider it, okay?"

Donghae smiled softly and ruffled her hair. They've been dating since college, being the most lovely couple that time. Many of their colleagues are jealous of them, Donghae is freaking handsome, while Yeojong is lovely and pretty too. The perfect couple if anyone would describe them.

❇✴🥀✴❇

It was a rather tiring day for Donghae. Not that he didn't like spending time with his girlfriend, but he's just tired. He pulled an all-nighter just to finish his work. He owns a cafe, a quite big one. He needed to catch up and finish all the documents piled up on his desk.

He had promised Yeojong before that he would take her out on a date today, that's why he didn't say anything about his lack of sleep, let alone rejecting her. He's too kind, as Shindong always said. He rarely rejects someone or any appointments although he was on the verge of collapsing. Scared that he would disappoint the person.

So there he is, sitting on the white sofa in the middle of his living room. His eyes were about to close when the bell rang. It was about midnight when somebody decided to interrupt him from his peace.

"Who is it?"

There stood a man, older than Donghae, smiling as he saw the door being opened.

"What the fuck Heechul it's almost midnight"

"And I'm gonna sleep here tonight" Heechul says, barging into Hae's apartment without permission. The owner of this unit couldn't help but let his cousin do whatever the fuck he wants as long as he doesn't cause trouble.

"What happened with that.. Man? Why didn't you go to his house? Why mine?" It's obvious Donghae was a little grumpy- okay really grumpy. Who wouldn't be? Having your cousin disturbing you jn the middle of the night, barging to your own house while he can sleep in his lovely boyfriend's?

"I dumped him" Anyone would be surprised to see how calm Heechul is right now. But not Donghae, he is used to his cousin's behaviour.

"What again now" Hae poured a glass of wine, handing it to his cousin who's sitting on the sofa, joining him later.

"Simple. He chose the other guy rather than me, so... I dumped him"

"But you loved him"

"I know"

"Then why-"

"Not every love was meant to be eternal, Hae. Just the strong ones. Believe me, love has its bitter side too. Sometimes, love is just like a war field. Either you kill or be killed. You wouldn't want to see me be killed by that jerk, would you? I did it for my own sake, throwing out the fact that I would die to give him anything. Yes I loved him, with all of my heart. But I decided to be a genius and prioritize my happiness over some dick. Love is bitter-sweet. Be careful, Lee Donghae"

Donghae froze. He didn't know his cousin has this kind of side. All he knew was that his cousin always brought home a different guy every 2-3 weeks. Except for this time, he brought a handsome guy who's around his age. He stuck to him for quite a while, 6 months. Maybe that's what made his cousin change to a love-wise person.

"Imma sleep, and I'm taking your bed"

Donghae was left alone on the sofa, shocked about what his cousin has just said. He was never like this with a guy, ever.

That guy must be something, he can even change the Almighty Devil Kim Heechul to this soft and wise man..

But something was strange.

"Be careful, Lee Donghae"

What does he have to be careful of? Heechul's tone when he said that was too.. Serious and sincere. It disturbs Donghae. He's fine. Really fine. He's happy with the woman he loves, even planning to propose to her in about a month.

He shook of his thoughts out of his head, heading to the guest room. He decided not to disturb the sleeping beauty- I mean, beast, in his room. In just about a minute or two, Donghae was already sound asleep.

Little did he know, tomorrow is going to be a long day.

-------------------

A/N : guys omg this took sooooooo long as my assignments are piled up lately. I'm sorry 😔 But I hope you guys liked my new fanfic, honestly I still don't know whether it'll be a short one or not. Oh, and the cover for this work will be changed, I edited this in a rush.

Enjoy ✨