🅴🅿︎ 🅽🅸🅽🅴🆃🅴🅴🅽

15 chapters left...

Kinsley's POV

Armelle and I decided to wait for closing time to interrogate this Yaheem boy. We were outside of the skating rink parked across the street just waiting for when he goes to lock up the front doors. We were finally able to get in contact with Victor but apparently our parents led him to someone who could help so we were stuck here doing all the heavy lifting.

And by heavy lifting, I mean we got in contact with this team and they're set out to protect us when we go out into public---if need be.

They're lined up outside the building already so we'll be all good walking in.

I however am very fidgety about this because not only are we in danger but we're about to commit a crime tonight. Armelle without much guidance had the plan of kidnapping him and luring out any family he has to see what kind of information we get. To make things worse, it was already determined in her head what she's gonna do after if it's not what we wanted.

A quick one to the head she says and it doesn't sit right with me. Everyone knows I'm not cut out to do things like this and I know her and Vic. They're much more abrasive than I am so if all goes in the opposite direction...it's gonna be a bloodbath.

"Armelle, no guns for right now. I'm sure he'll be shocked by the large men coming in already tucked and serious," I glanced out her window as we saw him cleaning off counters.

"Kinsley with all due respect, fuck your tolerance for guns right now. If he's messing with our family and has anything to do with our parents missing then that's it for him. As you know, a pretty bitch doesn't do much to intimidate anyone so a gun to his head should let him know I mean business. Get out of your head and get angry some Kins!", she exasperated as I turned her towards me.

"I am angry and I may not show it the same but I am! We just can't go around gaining attention or who knows what'll happen. Violence is not the answer Armelle."

"It is as of right now till we actually have answers. This is the plan so get with it! They shot dad and you saw it with your own eyes---what if it was mom, or you, me and Vic? They used violence to get what they want and we'll do the same. We'll use it to get a reaction and engage with them to let them know we're standing our ground. That's what we're taught," she put sternly as she kept eyes on Yaheem.

"Maybe everything we're taught isn't perfect for all situations. What happens if we engage too early or they get one up on us? This could lead to nothing but death."

"It's guaranteed to happen Kinsley, it's unavoidable. This is a simple tug or war game and right now they have all the strength and benefits on their side. We're left with weak arms and not much strategy. They already have one on us and this is how we get the flag on our side and the plan we have will keep it there for good. You're the leader here on this but your head is not screwed on tight like one. Be the leader and take control seeing this for all this could be not just the bad parts. I love you Kinsley and I'm not telling you this to be mean but for you to toughen up. Being soft is what will lead you to death. It doesn't work in any situations."

At that moment, she got out of the car as the other men moved in with her pushing Yaheem back into the building.

I hurriedly got up and went in as I instructed the men to take out all communication and cameras. Some already made quick work of withholding him as Mell and I sat next to each other at a table.