(1) Chapter 13: Quiditch

My eyes snapped open and were greeted by a blinding white light and familiar brown and greys eyes looking down at me.

"Nice to see you alive Williams." Theo remarked from a distance.

I sat up groaning and had to push Blaise out of the way so I could sit comfortably.

"How long was I out?" I questioned. I leaned back against the head board of the metal hospital bed. I reached over to the table next to the bed and grabbed the mirror. I brought it up and examined the scar on my cheek from the porcelain sink. I ran my finger along the healing skin.

"Two days, Draco kept on insisting we come and visit you." Theo snickered, he was now standing at the edge of the bed. My hand froze on my wound. I looked up to face him. I noticed behind him Crabbe and Goyle were standing there awkwardly with their hands in their pockets.

"Brought the whole crew huh?" I snickered, turning towards Draco. His's face hardened. "I appreciate you worring about- "

The Hospital Wing door swung open and foot steps came storming in. "WILLABE," A voice boomed. I knew who it was, I didn't even have to see their face from behind the curtain. It was the man who's voice I heard when I zoned out, it was the voice of the man who recently came back into my life. The man who's letters I have ignored. The curtain swung open so quickly, it startled me, causing me to drop the mirror on my lap. "Not once have you responded directly to my letters. When you did it was about a duel. Imagine my surprise when I receive a letter that you went an fought a bloody grown troll and ended up injured!"

I gulped. "W-why do you care? You've just been reintroduced into my life and I hardly know you." I mumbled.

"And you think fighting a troll is better then getting to know me?" He rubbed his temples with his hands. The sleeve of his suit slid down a little and I could see a little black smudge there.

"No, it wasn't even my fault entirely. I ran to the bathroom to cry my eyes and just so happened to run into the troll." I replied bluntly, not even thinking of my words. I clamped my hand over my mouth and stared down at my feet under the blanket. I wiggled my toes, pretending to be very interested in them.

I heard Blaise, Draco, and Theo shift uncomfortably.

"Why were you going to cry?" His voice softened.

"No reason, just stuff." I whispered. I picked up the mirror and ran my finger along the engravings. I pulled the blanket away from me and swung my legs over the bed and stood next to Draco. "I'll be going now." I took a step and felt a little dizzy but ignored it. I walked away from them. I stopped at the door and called over my shoulder. "Crabbe, Goyle? You comming?" The two idiots imedietly got up and followed me out the door. The two boys towered over me as we walked along the corridor. I turned around and faced them once we were quite aways from the door. A miscivious grin crawled its way into my face.

"Crabbe," I smiled up at him innocently. "Can you give me a piggyback ride? My head is pounding terribly."

"um.." He started.

"Please? I'll show you how to sneak into the kitchens," I shot him another innocent smile. He sighed and bent down so I could climb onto his back. I giggled in delight and hopped on. "Thank you Crabbe!" I turned my head to Goyle. "Can you collect my wand from Madam Pomfrey?" He nodded and set off back to the Wing. "Off we go!" I said happily.