Chapter three🎀

Please ignore all typos

Huda's POV

I went down stairs to meet my Abba, passing through Mama's parlor, I greeted her which she ignored, I still care less. I went to the main parlour where Abba is always seated. I salamed before I set my foot into the parlour, Abba answered, he was reading a news paper,seeing me he gently set the paper on the table, I went in and sat down on the floor next to the couch Abba is seated.

"Ina wuni Abba:Good evening Abba" I greeted him.

"Lafiya lau Huda" he replied with a little smile.

"You called for me" I uttered feeling a little nervous.

"Yes I did" he said before he proceeded  "the reason I called for you is in view of the fact that you disrespected your mother when you came back from school and I wasn't happy.

"But Abba she has been brutal to me" I punctuate.

"I'm still talking" Abba apprised, I hushed before he proceeded.

"Huda komai lokaci neh,you have to be self-restraint, be patient, sabr Huda,patience" he continued.

"What I mean by patience is a person's ability to wait something out or endure something tedious, without getting ridicule, having patience means you can remain calm even when you have been waiting forever or trying to make someone understand and they just don't get,you have to be *patient* " he spoke stressing the patient.

I sat there hugging my legs,tears descending down my face.Abba advised me before I thanked him and wiped my tears before I stood up and stride out of the living room.

"Abba I'm going out with my friends tomorrow" I ceased before I asked him.

"OK Huda wani time?" he asked.

"Tomorrow undern,and I want some money please" I told him.

"Huda kenan,remind me tomorrow toh" he chuckled before he answered, I trampled out of the parlour and walked upstairs.

"Munafiki dai baiji dadi ba" I heard Mama's voice from behind, which I payed no heed to and set my foot into my room,instantly, I ambled into the bathroom,I performed ablution and prayed before I changed into my nighties and layed on my bed before I checked my phone for new messages, after replying the important ones,I slept off.

                        ********

I woke up by 11 o'clock, I said my morning azkar, I already prayed subhi.I went into the loo to take a long hot bath,after I was done,I dressed up in a blue jeans and a pink top with sassy written boldly at the chest.I went down stairs to get my breakfast, suddenly I started craving for pancakes and Uwani prepared yam and egg sause,I measured a little amount of flour,brought out a tin of milk,two eggs,salt,I was about to start mixing when I remembered that something was missing among the ingredients.... Haa! Sugar,how could I forget the sweetness!!!

"The sugar jar was empty no wonder I didn't notice" I said,then I remembered we have some in the store room,I went to open the store room but it was locked.

"Uwani" I called out.

"Naam" she answered,she walked into the kitchen wiping her hands on her apron, I guess she was washing.

"Ina key din store: where is the key to the store" i asked.

"Yana wajen hajiya,tace in rufe in kawo mata mukullin:it's with hajiya,she asked me to close it and give the key to her" she answered.

"OK toh" I said and dismissed her,I walked to Mama's living room and met her watching "gari ya waye" on Arewa 24.

"Ina kwana" I greeted her again,she turned around quickly and replied.