Part 1

'Are we the real ones who live in Upside Down, or are they?' it came as a sudden thought as my friends Sam, Chelsey, and Timothy and I were swimming in the marvel of my country that is the Lake That Goes Up. It was discovered in 1836, my country has always been known to be very open-minded about witchcraft and things of the sort. Upside Down had always been one of my greatest dreams. I'm Coutonese, meaning I'm from the country of Coutena. I love it here, when my father moved us here from America I was very excited, until I found out that it was because my grandfather had been a famous vampire. And even worse, I heard my parents talking to each other about me possibly being a vampire as well. 

It was worse than I could have imagined. I hadn't even come out to them as a lesbian when I heard that I was also a vampire! I'm glad that my friends haven't found out yet, I told them I was a lesbian about a year ago. Sam and I had started dating a few weeks after that. She had come out a month before me.  We were all laughing from Tim telling a joke. "You are so fucking cheesy." I laughed just as I started to feel it coming on. I stopped laughing immediately, told them that I had just remembered I needed to get home before my parents found out I was still out. I said bye to all of them and kissed Sam before I started running to my car. I noticed the thirst getting stronger, 'I have to get to the cave' I thought to myself speeding down the road. My thirst for blood is uncontrollable.