Animal House

Animal House.

Shimar rose his tentacle and suction cup and waved at his friend, "Hey, DarDar!"

"Shimar!" DarDar stopped his slushed scutter across the dining hall and waved his long tentacles back. "I haven't seen you in an infinite set of time lines, but now we are here together. How miraculous!"

"We are here, DarDar. Sit with me, enjoy a meal. How have your serotonin levels been?"

"Steady for weeks now."

"Oh, how good to hear. How has your mother's timeline been? She still spending life with the hominoids before the cultivation?"

"She has a large heart for animals. Have you been?"

"I have been avoiding it. I'm afraid that seeing them roll in mud and muck will ruin my meals for generations. But, I have heard great things about their discoveries."

"Oh really? Can you explain?"

"indubitably my friend. While I was a simple celled creature, thousands of years ago, I remember reading about the human's discoveries. They apparently invented the wheel."

"How interesting, the wheel, really? I could have sworn that was primitive apes."

"Same creature, DarDar."

"Look at me," DarDar slid his tentacles across his slimy body, "forgetting my interspecies studies."

"No worries, It has been some time since either of us have been synced up with central information. There are many many things that I too have forgotten."

"You are a true friend, Shimar. What shall we be consuming this fine hour?"

"I was thinking about having a bowl of Slag-paste, but all this talk about humans has got me craving a cage of ribs."

"It's as if you're a TappaTrappa and you read my thoughts, Shimar."

Shimar waved down the nearest waiter and ordered himself and his friend a cage of ribs.

"How would you like your ribs, Sir," The waiter asked.

"I'm feeling dark meat tonight. What are you feeling, DarDar?"

"My feelings would agree with yours, Shimar."

"It's settled then! We'll have a cage of Ethiopian ribs."

The waiter's suction cupped tentacle sucked away at an electronic interface, "excellent choice, Sir. Now what about the sides?"

Shimar pondered for a moment. He stroked his speaking hole slow and methodic with one of his walking tentacles, "Good question."

"I have been asked this question an infinite amount of times, Shimar. And I'm still stumped."

"I agree, DarDar. What are our options?"

"Well, sir. We have Ladygrass soup, with sliced human liver..."

"Is that aged human liver," Shimar asked.

"It's actually fresh human liver, sir. We derive all of our human products from our local slaughter house."

"Slaughterhouse," asked DarDar. "Where does the slaughter house get their humans?"

"I think they raise them, sir."

"How interesting, Shimar. I had no Idea that we had a house for humans in our lovely time."

"Neither did I."

"We should visit. I have never seen a human... In person!" The two had a good laugh.