Two Idols and Three Hearts

"I... I think we should break up."

She looks around the cafe at all the smiling faces, then looks back at him. She picks up her bag and leaves, tipping over the untouched chai tea latte. She doesn't look back, doesn't look at the whispering people looking at her.

She pushes through the busy street, fighting to hold back her tears.

"Anita! Wait!"

If she stops and looks back at him, the tears burning her eyes will fall. And she didn't want passing strangers to see her like that. She keeps moving because even just stopping and putting her back to him would make her break down. He wanted to break up, so she had to leave.

"Jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida."

His voice gets softer and softer as he tries to get his larger body through the crowd and she gets further away. She'd win a speed walking Olympic medal at this pace.

Sweat running down the sides of her face and the spine of her back, heart beating painfully, and eyes watering, she turns the corner and jogs into the hotel.

She doesn't look at all the patrons. What must they think of her rushing to the elevator? Just another tourist racing to get a change of outfit to party on their holiday.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo," she bows back to the desk receptionist as she passes, sliding into an empty one.

She presses the button for her floor, squeezes her bag to her chest, and leans her head back, blinking the tears away.

The top of the elevator is as reflective as the rest and she stares up at herself, unsure of who it is looking back at her.

The elevator opens and she stumbles onto her floor. Her heart beats harder, stabbing pain in her chest, and her throat closing up. She can't stop the flood as her tears break through.

Shaking hands barely work as the card opens the door and she slides in. Hands and knees dragging her to the bathroom.

She can hear the sobs, but she can't stop. She sees herself moving but can't stop. The bathroom tile is cold and hard on her knees. The toilet holds her up as she empties the content of an empty stomach into it. The more the sobs rack her body, the quicker she breathes until her limbs are tingling.

Down she slides, to lie on the floor, staring up at the plain white walls. The tears stop flowing as her body still shakes, unaware that she has nothing left in her to give.

Slowly she makes her way up and out to the primary room of her executive suite, passing the couches to get to the phone.

"Hi. Can I get... a large pizza to my room? Just pepperoni."

She puts the phone down after hearing the answer and stumbles to the couch, throwing herself down and closing her eyes.

"Jeogiyo?"

Her eyes slowly open as she pushes herself up, wobbling on uneasy arms. She stands, fighting nausea and lightheadedness. She walks to the door, planning how to eat her food without puking it up. She opens the door and looks at him.

Not room service.

Han.

She tries to shut the door, but he stops it. She's too weak to fight it, so she just lets go and walks away.

"Anita."

"Have you come to make sure I'm crying?"

She sits in the chair furthest away from the rest and looks up at them.