Dying days are always tuesdays

*****SUICIDE MENTION
WARNING*******

Gerard had left for work early that next morning.

It's like the universe had it all planned out, whether frank liked it or not.

His body shifted from hot to cold as he willingly filled the bathtub as much as he could with water so hot he could see the steam.

He wanted the hot water to burn him, to remind him of his sinfulness.

He had his case with him now, new blades filling it. The old ones had been thrown away by Gerard in a sad attempt to save frank.

But nobody could save him. This was his destiny, to die like this.

His bones ached, but his nerves were on fire with the strong, burning anticipation.

He didn't want to wait, didn't want to stop moving now.

He was so damn desperate.

He didn't bother taking his clothes off as he lowered himself into the water.

He didn't want to be found dead without clothes on, even though Gerard would definitely be the one to find his body.

He didn't feel bad though as he picked up a single, gleaming blade and helped it at an angle against his shaking forearm.

He licked his lips and pressed the corner of the blade into his flesh, watching as a single drop of crimson beaded around the metal.

He stopped, tensing up.

Something... Something wasn't right. He needed... To say goodbye.

He set the blade on the ledge of the tub and grabbed his phone.

He sent a single text before laying back down, and picking the blade back up, fire in his chest.

He blinked at the ceiling with teary eyes and heaved a sob before plunging the blade into his wrist, pulling down it to the inside of his elbow.

He screamed as the water turned a deep red, and he felt a numbness wash over him, like nothing he'd ever felt before.

his vision blurred as he waited to bleed out. It was taking too long, he hadn't cut deep enough...

But he couldn't move, as he was paralyzed with pain.

So he simply waited, uncontrollable sobs racked through his body.

Gerard received the text while on break. He began to panic, shaking as he left his workplace and sped home, running red lights and ignoring the angry honking from other drivers.

It was getting too hard to see; tears were blurring his vision, the world be coming watery smears of muted colors, desperation chilling him to the core as he pressed the gas down as far as it would go.

The text kept running through his head as he drove.

I'm sorry for what I'm about to do. I'm nothing, but you were everything. I love you Gerard.

He didn't bother to turn off the car as he bolted into the house.

"FRANK, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU. DON'T YOU DARE DO A THING."

a weak cry alerted him from the bathroom, and he bolted towards it.

There was frank, submerged in steaming dark red water, blood everywhere.

Frank was still breathing.

Gerard fell to his knees beside the bathtub, wheezing as he took off his shirt and tied it around the gash on Franks left arm.

Frank wasn't able to move at this point, shaky gasps leaving his pale lips.

"Why the fuck, Frank. I told you to hold on, god dammit."

He pulled out his phone and dialed 911, petting Franks soaked hair, sobbing into the receiver.

"I need an ambulance, my roommate just attempted suicide, please help" He gasped for air and shuddered, getting up and pulling Frank out of the bloody water and weakly dragging him to the living room.

The ambulance arrived alarmingly fast, and they took Frank up on a stretcher.

The ride to the hospital was horrifying. Frank was losing consciousness, and his heart was on the brink of stopping.

The paramedics were doing all they could.

As soon as they reached the hospital they took Frank away, leaving Gerard to gasp for air in the entrance of the ER.

He didn't understand. He didn't fucking understand.

Frank was happy, yesterday. He SMILED yesterday. He'd been okay. So why? Why?

He uttered a single sentence he'd uttered only once before.

"I am poison."

×
×
×
×
×
×

A week later, Gerard visited Frank in the phsyc ward, kissing each one of his fingertips, then kissing his still bandaged wrist.

"I'm not gonna let you go. I'll never let you go. I'm gonna hold on for as long as i'm alive, and so are you."

Frank smiled his first real smile in years.

"I'm so glad I thought you were dead in that alleyway." He whispered.

He pulled Gerard into a tight hug and for the first time, he felt like he belonged.

He was finally gonna be okay.