𝙤𝙤𝙤. 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢,
𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑.
(𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲.)

"I JUST KNOW WE DID BAD," joanna groaned. maile and vereena agreed. "hold up, we?" jenni asked. "um, yeah. who else?" joanna responded with an attitude.

"you know what, believe what you want to believe. i'm gonna go over to the dining hall to get some snacks."
they were all confused but it didn't bother jenni.

she grabbed twinkies for her friends and an apple for herself. "hey," a familiar voice said. jenni looked up and saw marcel. she was taken by surprise. "um, hi?"

"i wanted to ask if i could get to know you better." he boldly questioned. "really? why's that?"

"you seem like a kind and interesting person. i mean out of the other interviewers you did a great job." jenni scoffed a little, "that's my job, marcel. i take it seriously unlike my friends over there."

    "how old are you?" he asked. "17." she replied. "me too." jenni looked at him, "marcel i know your age now stop acting like you're actually interested in getting to know me."

     "what do you mean stop acting? i really want to get to know you. i mean why do you think i even came up to you? but also i understand if you don't want to talk to me. i have to get going in a minute." he frowned before leaving.

      jenni watched as he walked out the room and left with his manager. she sighed. "maybe i should have gave him a chance." jenni walked back to her friends and put on a fake smile. "i brought you guys twinkies."

     "thanks." they all said before resuming their conversation without her. jenni stood there and felt a horrible feeling in her stomach. she was already used to everybody leaving her out but she was more upset about having her wall up against marcel.

     he was a sweet boy and jenni couldn't quite comprehend why she did that. she turned around again and he was gone. there wasn't anything she could do about it so she decided to drop it.

     "girls, stop chit chatting and head onto your next interview." their producer demanded. they all walked back into the room and waited. this time, jenni sat in the back so she wouldn't do many questions.

as the interview went on, the only thing on her mind was marcel. the current interview was going to end in a minute or so, and afterwards they had to go to the office to edit any unwanted footage, publish the videos onto youtube, and they were free to go home.

     the girls were in the office editing and that's where they played marcel's interview again. "maile, vereena, and joanna. please, try harder next time. we can't be publishing videos where it's only one person doing the most, alright? i've seen the comments and the viewers have all noticed this." their producer spoke.

     "i have to say, jenni did a splendid job and this is becoming a pattern. the more she does good the more she gets paid." jenni tried hard not to smile but it was nearly impossible. receiving compliments about her work was the best. but her friends would always call her cocky, or a show off if she smiled so she didn't.

     "we get it! jenni did good and we didn't." joanna interrupted. maile and joanna laughed and there went jenni's happiness. it was always joanna ssying these type of things and it only made matters worse when she looked over and saw them looking at each other and snickering. those are her so called best friends. thankfully, vereena didn't laugh.

     the day finally ended and maile asked if jenni was still down to get tacos. "no thanks, i have a family occasion to attend." she lied. maile nodded and walked away with joanna. "hey, jenni, i gotta go home asap but just ignore them." she smiled at her and gave jenni a warm hug. "thanks vereena."

      jenni could hear their giggling from afar as she walked through the rain without an umbrella.

     she saw joanna driving maile  in her rolls royce beside her and they were singing their hearts out in the car. joanna drove so close that jenni could hear what song they were singing and that all the dirty sewage water splashed onto jenni.

     she wiped her eyes and mouth and proceeded to walk to the nearest bus stop.

     sitting down on the dirty bus seat with stains plastered all over it, she put on her earphones and shuffled through her playlist.

     jenni looked out the window and saw the rain rapidly fall from the sky onto the broken streets. the sidewalks were crowded with people trying to get from one place to another, families laughing and eating, couples walking under the same umbrella holding each other's hands, and then there were the typical pedrestrians.

     her stop finally came and the rain poured onto her as she struggled to open the door. once she did she saw her drunk father on the couch and her mother cleaning up his mess behind him.

      jenni went into her room and locked it. her room wasn't very big, just her bed in the corner and a desk. she placed her phone onto her bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

     her parents outside were talking shit about her and praising joanna, as usual. this had become more of a hobby of theirs.

      as jenni cuddled up in her bed, she scrolled through instagram and saw a picture of maile and joanna enjoying tacos in joanna's apartment. she turned off her phone quickly so she wouldn't become upset.

     she took out her journal where she would write meaningful poems and read through some of them before writing a new one.

the hours passed by quickly because last time she checked, it was 12pm and now it was 5pm. jenni left her room and saw her mom and dad laughing and smiling with joanna.

"where are you going?" her mom asked. jenni had her shoes on and a sweater because she was planning on taking a walk. "for a walk."

"no, you're staying in, and, eating with us." jenni groaned. "fine."