002. never again

Corbyn woke up the next morning with his back aching from being led on the floor all night. he opened his eyes and looked around, noticing a dark red stain on the white rug and his clothes scattered everywhere across the room.
he began to wonder why he was feeling cold, until he glanced down to see his naked body, entwined with Ellies, under a single fitted sheet.
"So much for shaking hands and going on with your day." he laughed to himself, reaching out and grabbing his clothes.
"Well, at least it was a good match, well played." Ellie mumbled, shaking his hand and laughing. "My head hurts and- oh my god, Corbyn, the rug." she sat upright, covering her exposed body with the sheet.
"I've already seen it." Corbyn got up and handed his shirt to Ellie. "Here, yours is ruined,"
"figured. is this a fitted sheet?" she asked, slipping his shirt over her head and untucking her hair from the back of it.
corbyn nodded, looking at the mess around the room.
"When did we order a pizza?" he asked, picking up the box and folding it up so it would fit into the trash can.
"I don't remember. What did we even drink last night?"
"jonahs cheap-ass, screw-top rosè, I told you it does the job."
"You sure did."

--------

it had now been a few days since that morning, and there was a heavy tension whenever Ellie and corbyn were in the same room together, and everyone could feel it.
All of the dont we boys and their girlfriends were all hanging out together in the living room of corbyn, jonah, and ellies house.
corbyn got up and went into the kitchen, presumably to get another drink.
"I'll be back." Ellie excused herself and followed corbyn.
she walked through to the kitchen, where she knew the others wouldn't hear them.
"Can we talk?" she hesitated. "About the other day."
corbyn turned around to face her and nodded slowly.
"I don't think we should've done that." Ellie continued.
corbyn let out a sigh of relief. "I am so glad you said that."
"Never again?" Ellie smiled, grabbing a handful of ice cubes from the freezer.

"Definitely." corbyn agreed as he exited the kitchen.

Ellie was already asleep on the couch by the time everyone decided to go home. corbyn and jonah had cleared up the mess and put the room back together as she slept, but the noise of them moving about didn't wake her.
"she looks so uncomfortable." jonah commented.
"Yeah." corbyn agreed, nodding his head. "I'm gonna carry her to her room, we can't just leave her like that." he placed his phone down on the arm of the couch and placed his arms underneath Ellie, who instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck.
he carried her into her room and placed her on the bed.
"I lied." Ellie mumbled as corbyn slid his arms out from underneath her.
"Huh?" he questioned
"I don't regret fucking you."
corbyn paused, trying to remember just how many beers Ellie had that night.
"your drunk el."
"I know what I'm saying."
"okay." he paused again, not sure what to say. "I don't either."
"I think we should be friends with benefits"