・゚: *✧ chapter 1 ✧*:・゚

unedited (1231 words)

Rays of sunlight seeped through the windows, gently scattering the room in sharp, straight lines. You could hear the melody as it flowed through the air, a beautiful sound carrying a wonderful story.  

"Hear me now,"

"Under the banner of a heaven"

"We dream out loud,"

"Dream out loud~"

There was a subtle pause, as the music slowed, becoming quieter, as the end neared.

"Fate is coming, that I know"

"Time is running out"

The voice was soft, quiet, a light breeze in the summer wind, a breeze carrying a message larger than it could hold.

"Fate is coming, that I know"

"Let it go..."

The instruments heard in the background played for only a few seconds after the singing ended, before slowing and halting to a stop. A sudden applause could be heard from behind them, as the band members whipped their heads to the doorway. 

"WOOO! That was PERFECTO! Bravo, bravo!"

They breathed a sigh of relief, as they realized it was Alex, otherwise known as Quackity. Only a few of their friends knew about their practice in the music room after school hours. They'd consider it a complete disaster if it were to break out to the rest of the school, especially when it was nearly the end of their final year.

"You muffin! Don't scare us like that!" 

Darryl whisper-shouted, people still roamed the hallways at this time due to afterschool clubs and events. Cautiously peeking his head out the doorway, he glanced around, seeing whether anyone saw or heard them. Having scanned one side and saw no one, he was about to look left before being jumped by a certain boy.

"BOO! Whatcha doing at the music room again, Darryl?"

He panicked for a few seconds, before realizing that it was Zak. Before scolding him, he took a deep breath. Zak grimaced, noticing that he was about to be bombarded with a barrage of  angry words from Darryl.

"ZAK! You know I get scared easily, don't do that, you mean muffinhead!"

Zak had to stand there, as Darryl continued yelling at him, surprisingly no one heard. As the two stood aside to continue their bickering, the band members started putting their instruments to the side, prepared to head home. Clay stood, waiting for them to finish. He didn't have much to pack, after all, he was the lead singer of the group.

"AYEEE Clay, that was some amazing singing- you guys should seriously consider posting on Youtube- maybe take some gigs?"

Spoke Alex, as he approached Clay. He hesitated, as his mind swirled with thoughts. It was a good idea, but he was unsure whether they were ready to perform for people. After all, this was just a fun side hobby that helped them get through the world of schooling. He chuckled at the thought of them performing on stage.

"Maybe. I'll consider it, I don't see what I have to lose, but I'll have to ask the rest of them for their opinions too."

The sun set as they walked out of school grounds, splitting off in different ways. Alex, Zak, Darryl and George walked the other way, smiles evident on their faces after that afternoon session. They truly did love music.

"So Clay, what did Alex ask you?"

Nick questioned, looking at him with a hopeful face. Hearing this, Anthony also turned to look at him, curious to hear what he had to say. 

"Ah, well, he was just saying that we should maybe try posting on Youtube or perform for others? I was planning to ask you guys about it..." 

His voice trailed off, slightly anxious at the thought of the idea. Nick clearly thought otherwise, his eyes lit up at the thought of becoming famous, Anthony was partially surprised, but happy about it nonetheless.

"Well, I say yes, who wouldn't say yes to fame? We'd practically be STARS!"

Nick yelled enthusiastically, before covering his mouth and whispering a small 'sorry', realizing they were still walking in the neighbourhood. Clay wheezed, laughing quietly at his realization, while Anthony chortled. They walked in silence for a while, before Anthony spoke up.

"Whilst Nick's look on it is pretty far fetched, I think it's still worth a try. I know, it's just something we do 'for fun', but why not take a shot at making it a reality? It's still 'for fun' even if we don't achieve stardom."

He spoke with a soft voice, clearly having thought it through thoroughly. There was a light smile on his face. The other two nodded, agreeing with his statement. 

"Well, we can tell the rest of them about it tomorrow and see what they think, but for now I've gotta go! Cya guys!"

They waved goodbye as Clay turned right, walking towards his home, leaving the two to go their way.

The moon was slightly clouded, but it was still visible. The sky was dark, and scattered with clouds, stars still evidently behind them. Clay twisted and turned in his bed, restless, still thinking about what Alex had told him. What happens if we do become famous? Would it really be good with all eyes on us? He tried to shake the thoughts away, forcing himself to close his eyes, as he drifted away into the world of dreams- and nightmares.

The day passed like a breeze, and soon enough it was time for lunch break. The blond haired boy walked towards their usual spot, a table under a tree. It was quiet, outside, and perfectly safe place to discuss their plans, and maybe yell without being caught.

"Clay! Finally decided to join us, huh?"

Zak piped up, as he turned to face Clay who was now sitting in front of him. He chuckled slightly in response, before turning to stare at his food for a while. His eyes were in a haze, face blank. He was clearly in deep thought, and just as the others noticed, he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"So... How would you guys feel about being a band and posting on Youtube?..."

He smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head as he looked around at his friends. There was a long silence, as they all thought to themselves.

"I think that'd be pretty cool, but what would we name ourselves? A band should have a name."

This comment set off a crescendo of different suggestions, different names, suddenly Zak yelled out.

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone went silent. Zak quickly cleared his throat.

"So uh... how about the name Dream Team? Not tryna base it on Clay here but..."

He stated, looking around at the group of friends, gathering expressions. Most of them seemed to be thinking, staring at the tree, or off into the distance, maybe directly at the table.

"I don't see why not, I mean Dream is the lead singer after all."

Spoke George, although he was slightly in protest, envious that it seemed to revolve around Clay, but the name did fit well. Darryl had been quiet throughout, an anxious look displayed, fiddling with his fingers.

"This sounds like a great idea, but what happens if we get too famous-"

He began, but was cut off by the bell ringing, signalling the start of their afternoon classes. They packed their things, hurrying off to their next period.

"Let's continue this at our afternoon practice. Same place and time!"

Battle of the Bandsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें