part three.

"WELL, DONT WORRY,
I WON'T SNITCH, YOU'RE
SAFE WITH ME"

"I KNOW I AM"

☔︎︎

"I KNOW I AM"︎︎☔︎︎

☔︎︎

[e/b/f/n] = ex best friends name

i woke up to the sound of rain splattering against my window. i sat up and looked out of the window. a stormy grey sky and strong winds weren't exactly what i was hoping for.

i got myself up and out of my makeshift bed, noticing the mattress across from me was empty. a confused expression made its way onto my face, but was quickly changed to a frightened one when a male voice sounded from the doorway.

"morning", it said. my soul felt like it had left my body.

"diego, don't scare me like that!" i whisper shouted. my dad was probably still asleep, and if he woke up to his daughter hanging around with an unknown man, he would most definitely jump to conclusions.

"chill, i was just about to grab a coffee but don't know any places nearby, i was hoping you could help
me with that?" he asked, his chocolate brown eyes almost begging. they looked like they were melting, almost like an innocentlittle puppy. lucky for him, i gave in.

"yeah, alright, just uh.." i motioned to the state i looked. smudged mascara, messy bun, a baggy hoodie and joggers really wasn't a good look. "just let me get changed" i finished, and with that he nodded and made his way out of the room.

i fixed myself up and changed into a more appropriate outfit, then slung a small backpack over my shoulders. i closed the bedroom door behind myself before making my way through to the small kitchen. diego was patiently waiting, and his face lit up when he met mines.

"ready to go?", i asked him, to which he nodded. we made our way out of my match-box apartment and out onto the streets of dallas. it was somewhat quiet, considering it was a saturday morning. the ground was still wet from the showers earlier this morning, the smell filling the area.

diego and i kept on walking for a few minutes, before i stopped outside a small coffee shop. it had a baby blue exterior, and a pale yellow store sign above the door. Dorothy's Donuts.

i led the boy into the donut shop, taking a seat at the bar stools at the front. "hello, agnes", i smiled at the lady. she wasn't much younger than me, probably in her late twenties.

"(y/n)! pleasure to see you. the usual?" she asked, a grin on her pale face. i nodded and turned to diego, who looked like he was trying to figure out the lady.

"helloooo, earth to diego?" i asked, waving my hand in front of his face. he snapped out of his trance and turned himself round to face me.

"yeah?" he asked, to which i raised an eyebrow.
"what do you want?"
"oh, sorry. i-i'll have a chocolate donut and an expresso, please", he replied, twiddling with his fingers as he ordered. i felt a little bad for him, he clearly wasn't the best at talking to strangers. agnes left to make our orders, and i turned myself back round to face diego.

"you mean espresso, right?", i asked him.
"what?"
"you said expresso. its espresso", i corrected him. he looked down at his feet before meeting my gaze.
"oh, yeah", he pushed out a laugh, which sounded a bit nervous. i bit my lip, this was getting a bit awkward. thankfully, agnes saved the day and pushed our drinks and food towards us.

"enjoy!", she chirped, one of her signature grins plastered on her face. i thanked her as she turned back round to the kitchen, and began tucking into my food.

"agnes..", diego started. i looked over at him, mouth half full of food. "..is she planning on always staying here? in dallas?"
"she's talked about moving up north-east, she's always wanted to visit new york. why?"
"just wondering", mumbled diego as he tucked into his donut. i shrugged it off and continued to munch on my own food.

"you didn't answer my question by the way, last night.", he spoke up.
"what was it?", i asked. i knew exactly what his question was, i just didn't feel like telling him. for all i know, he could be an undercover cop. i wouldn't be surprised, he looks like a cartoon character and carries way too many weapons on him for my liking.
"you said the police were after you. why?"

i took a deep breath, this was going to take a while. should've ordered some more food while i was at it.
"you have to promise not to rat me out.", i told him, my face completely blank with not one inch of emotion visible. he nodded and i continued.

"last year, i had a best friend. her name was [e/b/f/n]. we were inseparable, we used to do everything together. drugs, sex, alcohol, that was our scene. well, once we were at a party and some boys were trying to take advantage of her. this was quite common, everyone always thought she was the better looking one out of the pair. i tried to stop them, but they took her. i didn't see her for hours after that. i went back to my house, i was worried sick about her. i kept praying she would come, and she did. but she was covered in cuts and bruises, her face covered in tears. i asked her what was wrong but she wouldn't tell me. she kept on saying something over and over, but i couldn't make out what it was. i asked her but she kept ignoring my question. we got into an argument, it sounds silly, i know, but then she tried to kill me. i think she was possessed, i can't be sure, maybe she was on a come down after all of the substances she was taking, but she pulled out a knife, one from my own kitchen and sliced my stomach open". i lifted up my top slightly, to show diego the scar. his eyes widened, and he opened his mouth.

"but, why are the police after you for that? you did nothing"
"i wasn't finished", i said bluntly before continuing on with my story.

"after she cut me open, i took the knife from her grip and stabbed her in the chest. 29 times. it was all over the news, the police found my blood at the crime scene and have been looking for me ever since. my dad doesn't even know, he was too drunk to take notice. i don't want to get caught, they'll put me in a nut house". i stated. diego sighed.

"well, don't worry, i won't snitch. you're safe with me " he said, taking a last swig of his coffee.

"i know i am, if you snitched on me you'd be snitching on yourself too. they're after both of us". and with that, i left 15 dollars on the desk for agnes and walked out of the coffee shop, the brown eyed boy following behind me.

a/n
first of all, thank you so much for 1k reads! i'm so grateful! i waswondering, should
i turn this mini series into a story? let me know! xx