Chapter 2: Victory

-Third's PoV-
Tenma received a pass and started showing off his skills, incredible dribbles and plays that made the spectators' mouth fall open in clear shock, some of them cheered for the brunet while standing from their seats. The commenter bothered to show his astonishment, disbelieve papable on his voice as he described his plays as quickly as he could.
He could have scored, he didn't; he could have passed the ball to his teammates, he didn't: he kept it to himself. Many tried to steal it from his possession, to no avail. It was as if it was sticked to his feet.
Tsurugi eventually got tired of it. A simple eye connection with their coach was all it took for Sword Saint Lancelot to appear. It's weapon pushed Tenma away, it was a riddle how the blue-eyed still had the sphere. He received the thrusts as someone who embraced a friend, Tenma didn't bother to avoid them.
The rest of he team was paralysed on their position, unmoving, unresponsive to what was happening before them. Takuto shed tears, impotent, knowing he had failed as a captain, knowing he had made a first year deal with the weight of the team because he was useless. Knowing Tenma must be suffering. Shindou could hear his mates shout at number 8 to stop it; after he had trouble to get to his feet due to a nasty fall.
From his spot on the floor, Tenma passed the ball to the teary eyed captain. The ash-coloured-headed's orbs widened, Tenma seemed to not have given up, his smile was there, his teeth showing; his uniform had mud on it, he had scratches, he was bleeding from his nose. Blood, and all Takuto did was stare at the contrast of the smile and the red liquid, it was like a painting gone wrong. That brunet was the one saving them, he had energy to get up again and again; he, as captain, had to protect his teammates, it was his duty and he had failed. He would not give up, he was the captain and he had to stand hen no one else was. A foreign energy unlocked itself, something laying inside him awoke; it wanted to explode and rise. He closed his eyes, tightly, as he reached for that rush; shouting in the process.  An aura came out of him and materialised into a four-armed orchestra conductor: Instrumentalist Maestro, as it came, it faded away, leaving him lightheaded and forceless, he succumbed to darkness.
Kirino, the pink pigtailed defender, was the first one to arrive by the captain's side; he was totally impressed by the personification Takuto managed to get. The audience couldn't believe their eyes, they thought Keshins were a myth and they have just seen two in a row! Even an encounter between them! Dark Knights decided it was time for them to go, as Raimon had valuable players, and so, they left.
Tenma was, by far, the most hurt player during the match. His left eye was black, new forming bruises could be seen on his legs, surprisingly, his arms were covered by a long white shirt. He got himself up, wincing at a pulsing pain on his side. Slowly, he struggled to walk out of the pitch. He decided it was best to change before introducing himself to his class.
Tsurugi didn't leave, he decided it was best to to check on the boy, he had gone rough on him. His heart turned when he saw a bit of the brunet's skin, it had long scars. Luck was on his side, as the boy didn't realised he was been stalked by the blue haired one. Kyousuke stared until the boy had entered the changing room, finally he lost sight of the eighth player. He asked himself how could he be standing after Lancelot's many attacks. He brushed it off.

-Tenma's PoV-
I met a very talkative and short boy, his hair was lighter than mine and pushed up, he had a blue band around his forehead. His black eyes seemed trustworthy to me. He confessed he had seen me play on the match and told me he wanted to enter the soccer club! I laughed when he expressed those feelings out loud as he had interrupted the director's speech. He shyly excuse himself  and bowed several times while scratching the back of his head. I smiled at his antics. We all went to our classes, we turned up to be together. Once we sat down, Tsurugi made an entrance. I tried not to look his way, his eyes terrified me. The ones Lancelot had made shivers go down my spine. I tried to make myself as small as possible. I knew I was trembling as I recalled those piercing red eyes fixed on me and that long sword hurting me.
"Oh, mister Tsurugi, welcome. Tell us a little bit about yourself." The death glare he sent the teacher made girls stop giggling and boys talking as I hugged myself seeking protection. "Well, maybe not today, go sit down beside Matsukaze." She said trying to ignore his gaze. I hid my eyes behind my bangs, my arms tightened around me, my breathing became ragged, my head hurt as I slowly raised my shaking hand, the effort on that small action was immense. She nod her head at me, Tsurugi came my way. I knew he was studying me, I could feel his scrutinising eyes on me. He sat down on my left and daydreamed. I relaxed against by chair, glad I was not his focus of attention.