🅴🅿 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈

14 chapters left...

Victor's POV

"What could this eighty year old woman possibly tell us? I suspect she's been out of the game for a while now and since she in a nursing home—-maybe she ain't doing too well," Jahmiah voiced out as the nurse led us to her room.

"Well considering she's marked in this book with red marks galore, she isn't going to hell just yet."

"Why she gotta go to hell, she could be in favor of heaven," he tugged me closer as I rolled my eyes.

"Apparently she's been doing dirty things for a while so I'd say it's a safe bet she isn't too favored," we stopped as the nurse opened her room letting us in.

It was pretty fancy in here for someone who's nearly on their deathbed.

"I see you've come to visit me after all. Guess things didn't turn out too well for my little prodigy did it?", she smiled looking all wrinkly. I see how this is gonna go.

"Cut the games Rahida, you obviously know about everything and I need to know as well," I sat down in front of her as she held out a cup of tea.

I took it as she smiled sipping on her own. I sat back examining it and even took a whiff as I looked back at her.

"I see you inherited your parent's attitude—you act just like Élie. I do know something and I'll tell you but tell me something first. You find the traitor among you yet?"

"What traitor? Stop beating around the bush!"

"Oh sweetheart, that's what I do. It's what I'm known for—Rahida Baiamonte, queen of the Underworld, holder of riddles and games. I haven't lost it but answer my question dear."

"There is no traitor among us...do you know of one?" I poured out the tea in the floor as I pulled out my pocket knife placing it on the table. Friend or not, I'm not in the mood for games.

"Smart boy, you've been raised well."

"I'm not gonna put up with you for much longer since you just tried to poison me."

"Do you know the history of my family and their correlation to yours?", I gritted my teeth and just shook my head. She's really one for games.

If this is gonna get me answers then I'll just have to play along.

"You were once wed to a bastard who killed my grandfather, had a daughter who was a home wrecker—-the whore fell from a building and you out of all got the money and legacy."

"It was rightfully mine but you don't know all the history," she smirked as I stared confusedly. What more could there be?

"The Baiamonte family always hide in the shadows especially once they've been abandoned. You know, I've never like my daughter nor husband. I was forced to have the little shit and forced to be in a relationship with the devil himself. But no...there's always more that lurks around somewhere."

"Lemme guess, you had another little demon spawn," I tongued the inside of my cheek.

"Find the traitor who's been conversing with my son and you'll have all your answers. They'll crack under pressure, I believe you and your sisters are something special. I've found out little in the short amount of time I've had but it should do you good if you put your brain to work. I can't help longer though because I'm afraid my time's up...he's coming to gain my wealth as well. Took out every single one of my associates and now it's my turn. His own dear mother!", she yelled out with laughter as she drank from her cup.