The First Entry: Memories by the Sea

A slight breeze was caressing his cheeks... as if it felt the tears brimming on his face... trying to wrap him in its embrace, ensure that everything will be okay. He could only give a warm smile in return, one so radiant that even the dull evening sky would light up.

He closed his eyes, recalling the words their family doctor left behind on his last visit,

"Young Master, as a male bearer, being a single parent is an especially daunting task. Without the father, your life as well as the one you have growing inside you will be at risk."

A sigh fell from his lips and he recalled his determination to be strong for him and the sake of his little one. Unconsciously, his hands wrapped around his abdomen protectively..

The small man got up from his usual seating place, a sturdy rock by the sea where he'd remember the warmth, and the memories that he wanted to cherish. Rubbing light circles on his belly, he moved towards the large villa on the hill by the beach.

Walking in the direction of his safe haven, he passed by the garden full of forget-me-nots, brushing his fingers against the petals that lingered against his body, the touch reaching deep into his soul. A small kick to the abdomen caused a smile to bloom on his face.

"Are you anxious for storytime my Miracle?"

Slowly, he plucked one flower, tucking it behind his ear, a small smile playing on his lips as the baby inside kicked once again.

"Another kick ah...you're a fighter... just like your dad~" Reminiscing a past filled with that special someone, he entered the house and moved towards the swing on the patio. Breathing in the sea's smell, he allowed the gentle winds of the shore to rock him back and forth.

A hand lay on his growing belly and bright eyes gazed over the glistening ocean reflecting the rays of the sun, "Little one, shall I read you my words now?"

On the coffee table next to him lay a yellowed page, a carrot-shaped pen holding it down so that it does not flip. His gaze lingered on the pen, his immature voice flashing in his ears, "P'Kao, buy that pen for me now! Don't come back unless you have it!"

Annoyed and sulky, he didn't expect that the bodyguard would've actually bought the cute pen and handed it to him. It was the first purchase Kao had made for him.

Earth gently leaned forward, moving away the pen and bringing the letter to his lap, eyes moving over the black ink weaving his words into the page, "Storytime Little One."

IN CASE THE IMAGES DID NOT LOAD - The letter is as follows

"P'Kao...

I wonder where you are now. I wonder if you are happy.... Perhaps by now, you have conceived a little one of your own with Sammy...

The baby in my belly grows each day. Like you, he seems to be rather adept at fighting haha. He tumbles around in there, little kicks often hitting the walls of my womb. I think he wants me to know he's here. Isn't that cute?

Do forgive me for keeping this secret from you. But it was too late to tell you P'Kao. Besides...this was my choice. It happened because of my choice. You never knew. I do not blame you and I never will. But I will always miss you, now and forever.

Perhaps someday you will see these entries. I read them out loud to the gift you left with me. I think he enjoys it. Oh look! I am only writing and he is already kicking.

Thank you P'Kao. You've given me such a precious reminder of our time together.

Pregnancy cravings are a real thing Phi! My oh my, I will be a huge potato by the time my little one arrives. I think little P'Kao loves egg and vegetable soup like you do. I was never personally so into that bland soup even though you always liked it. But now, guess who is drinking a bowl everyday? He has your tastebuds. I also eat a lot of cake. LOTS AND LOTS!

Remember how you'd often catch me eating sweets in class? Of course you couldn't say a word since you were only staring from outside the classroom. So stubborn. You never left me alone when I wanted you to and now that there is nothing more I want than to have you by my side...you're gone...

How ironic.

Well. It is my fault so I mustn't complain. I am happily spending my days in Dad's countryside villa. It is quite beautiful here and so quiet. You would've loved it. I have a view of the ocean spread before me right now. I think it is a wonderful place to raise my baby. The city is far too chaotic no? I'm sure you will agree with that haha.

...Wherever you are P'Kao, I truly hope you are happy. You are free to write your story with the girl by your side. But do not fear, I will tell the truth to my child one day.

He will know of you. He will know our story.

My story.

Let me stop here for now Phi. I think I need to lie down for a bit down. The little one grows heavier each day. I must rest my poor back.

See you soon,

Earth