Chapter 54 P.S. - I Love You

Kylo's about as impenetrable with revealing his secrets as Fort Knox.

They have their last day in Milan, as he promised. When the next morning came, a energetic flurry of spring brought with it, butter splashes of sunshine up every building. Sky blazing high and bright and so cobalt blue it was as if it reached on forever. High up into the shimmering amber tipped nimbuses perched in the sky. Every tree seemed so green and fluffed full of buds ready to burst open.

Their luggage is whisked away by bell boys. They have one last rooftop Milan breakfast on their terrace. Overlooking the domes and towers of the gorgeous higgledy loud city. Hear the bells and the traffic and the messy din of it all, one last time.

Evie's almost feeling mournful as they head down to the lobby. Stepping out of the luxury glamour of their fine suite. They grace the golden and black marble foyer and Kylo settles up the room bill. Eduardo comes to bid them a goodbye - and sincerely hopes he'll see them again soon. Evie doubted they got many customers as moneyed up as Kylo in the calendar year. Staying in the most expensive suite in the city.

She feels very privileged by it all. Has a feeling that emotion isn't one that will fade away anytime soon. She's sure she'll be feeling that so long as she is by Kylo's side.

He leads her out through the revolving door and there, beyond the thick scarlet tread of the gold fringed carpet, lining the steps. There, sat on the road. Gleaming a wicked black. Sits a smug black convertible Ferrari, yellow badge glinting like a yellow cats eye in the sun. Kylo smirks down at her as the valet comes over and hands him a set of keys. He thanks them. Ciao Senori Ren.

"Couldn't resist it." He says to Evie slyly as he opens her door for her.

He's got a black shirt and wool blend Valentino suit trousers on. Cartier shades sat on his smirking face. Clean shaved face. Smiles and chins all creasing and heart poundingly handsome.

She's in her favourite blue indigo linen shift dress. Diane von furstenberg. With a big wedge of a tan clutch, in harmony with her short espadrille wedge heels. Big round tortoiseshell sunglasses on her face. She let her wavy hair loose. Save for little plaited braids behind her ears. Kylo can smell the lime basil and mandarin of her shampoo.

Kylo swears her rusty hair bleached a little tinge redder and more golden in the sun this week. Like a palette of autumn. Maple, copper-bronze and cinnamon. Like ruddy brown sugar splashed into amber tea.

He helps her climb into the expensive car. Trunk already loaded heavy with their Vuitton luggage. She eases into the seat. Scent of new leather churning fresh at her nose. Leather seats warmed from the merry sun. She watches him circle to his door and ease in the car next to her. Adjusting his seat to fit in the fancy Italian space.

"Still not telling me where we're going, huh?" She seeks.

"Nope." He dismisses. Popping the 'p' as he starts the seamless stallion of an engine to life. Playfully revs. Gets a sense of that monstrously fierce V8 Twin Turbocharged engine. Starts to ebb the car out of the hotel valet stand.

"Not even a tiny slither of a clue?" She urges him as she buckled her seatbelt. Tucks her clutch by her side. Wind whipping at her hair. Buffeting it away from her face. She's wearing her Chanel this morning. He can smell it. Jasmine sensual trail of it balmy in the car.

"No sale." He insists with a smirk. Sun glinting off the framework as he pulls his car into the traffic. Roaring along the Milan road.

She lets her questions die out. Let's the enquiries dry up on her tongue. She'll find out where they're headed eventually. Instead she enjoys watching the scenery.