chapter 2

Nancy is hit with surprise when realization kicks in. Her head turns to the side, hoping to see who had lit her cigarette. She was greeted with the face of a bony boy, grinning like an idiot in her eyes. A frown was her only answer.

"And who the hell are you?" she asks with a monotone.
"Who the hell are you?" A mullet-haired boy sweeps in from the other side, followed by two other.

"I asked first."
"Answer our question, we'll answer yours babe." he demands. The tall guy licks his lips, it's somehow ominous how he hasn't said a word yet. Nancy glares quietly at him for awhile.

She then scoffs and takes an inhale from her cigarette. "I'm no bimbo, champ. You and your boys can keep dreaming."
"Feisty, eh?" asks the blonde of the group, tugging hard and aggressively at the girl's shirt. "This guy here did you a favor, toots. You better answer or it'll end badly."

She rolls her eyes a second time, deciding that she didn't have the patience to fight these desperate teenagers. Not right now, at least. So she pushes him away as a sign of giving in. "Nancy Osborne." she says.

Introductions are exchanged before this so called Henry proposes a question.
"Say, Belch's car is right there. What'd ya say we go for a ride?"

Nancy gives it thought. She saw the options vividly and knew accepting was a bad idea. So with a smile, she looks him in the eye and says "sure."

The boys exchange a smirk before Henry bobs his head sideways, indicating they'd get moving. And so they did. As the group makes their way further and further from school grounds, Henry is quick to snake an arm around the girl's waist, pulling her closer doing so.

"Nancy Osborne, huh? Think I'm gonna like you."