3 Memories

James's P.O.V.

Now in the living room, I sit in the old recliner I've had forever and wait for Alex to finish her food. Giving her some space before I try to talk too her again.

I sigh, deep in thought. Wondering how in the hell a small girl like her, wound up in the middle of nowhere in Canada all by herself.

She said she doesn't know... But how do I know she's telling the truth?

What if she's with them?

She does seem odd, very quiet, but also like an open book. I can read her so easily it's concerning. But what if it's just an act?

I rub my face, too tired to keep thinking like this. But to awake too fall asleep.

I put my hands into my face mumbling very tired profanities to myself, I don't notice the said tiny girl poke her head out from the swinging door of the kitchen and dinning room.

"U-um Mister?" Alex asks quietly. I look up. "I'm sorry if I'm causing you any stress..." Pale blue eyes look down her face is hidden by a curtain of long black hair that covers half her face. Her picking and scratching at her tiny pale hands in slight anxiety.

"You're fine, don't you worry about that." I say gruffly. She just nods. I watch her for a couple more seconds. "We need to talk, so make yourself comfortable." I nodded towards the couch. She nods once again, and stiffly sits on the couch.

"So, to start off, I'm James Williams." I say.

She looks up, thick eyebrows furrowed. Pale blue eyes crinkled in thought. "Your name... It sounds really familiar too me..."

I raise a thick eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

She looks back down, still deep in thought. "I don't know... It just sorta rings a bell I guess?" She looks genuinely confused, a bit panicked even.

I sigh, not sure what to think. "Why don't we talk about what you can remember?" I ask, hopping that might calm her down a little.

This is where she begins to fiddle with her fingers again. Her avoiding my lazy gaze. "I-I remember my n-name." She says quietly.

"Anything else?" I try to get some more out of her.

"I-I'm twenty-three and know I was born in 1997..." She answers and looks down.

I thought she was a bit younger than that...

"Is that all you know?" I ask, starting to worry a bit. She slightly nods, and looks down. Black hair becoming a curtain once again.

What happened to her? Does she really not know anything else?

"What about that dream you had?" I try pushing a bit more.

"I.... I don't know... It was really dark. I couldn't see, felt like I couldn't even breathe." Her voice wavers. Almost sounding broken. "But I could hear, it was woman a begging and crying."

"That's an odd dream..." I sigh, and watch her. She simply nods. "Did anything seem familiar with the woman?"

She pauses, and slowly nods. "Y-yes."

"Can you guess who she might be?" She shakes her head.

"I don't know anything... I don't even know what I look like."

To be continued...

A/N: Hello! Bad ending for a chapter, I know... Anyways, I have a new-ish book I'm gonna have to in the next few days!