Derek's Point of View (Edited)

Walking into the throne room, I was amazed by the vast space and how grand it looked. There was a small flight of stairs that led to the two thrones that were side by side. On the huge throne sat a man who had raven black hair and porcelain white skin. I could tell that he was tall and very handsome. Something about him made my wolf restless within me. And the heavenly scent of the natural muskiness with a mix of sweet citrus came off the man in tidal waves. A very different scent, but it was delicious and made my mouth watered. 

Next to his throne is a tad bit smaller than his but holds the same amount of power. A woman sat there, but something about that woman seemed familiar. Her body structure reminded me much of Iris when she was around. But that couldn't be her. We had a funeral and a party dedicated to her life 17 years ago. 

I looked over to Zephyr to see him intensely staring at the woman on the throne. His eyes didn't look away one bit as the butler, Sebastian, introduced us to the man on the throne. Lucifer Morningstar. Hmm.... what a unique name that flows well off the tongue.   Zephyr's voice startled me out of the trance that I was in when staring at Lucifer. 

"Mom?" he asked in disbelief. 

The woman gasped, shocking all of us. I couldn't believe it. It was actually giving Iris Lace. My Luna. She's actually alive. Her voice cracked when she said Zephyr's name, making me feel the pain she felt about seeing her child for the first time in 17 years. He nods and quickly runs up to her, hugging her that he never could give her till now. Lucifer cleared his throat, sensing that he felt a bit left out and confused about what was going on. 

"Sorry, Lucifer. This is my son, Zephyr, and his mate Derek," Iris said as she wipes away her remaining tears. "Boys, this is Lucifer Morningstar. I've been under his care all this time."

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Morningstar," I said as I shook his hand when a powerful shock occurred, making me pull away with a gasp. 

He frowned when I pulled away. It was weird that there was a shock so powerful. It felt like when Zephyr noticed that I was his mate. Zephyr soon shook his hand, and he must've felt the same thing because he didn't let go. Zephyr's eyes changed color, one glowed gold, and the other glowed violet, letting us know that his feline and wolf were present. You could hear the roughness in his voice from all three voices being mixed as he spoke. 

"Mate," he said. 

Mate? The Lucifer Morningstar is also our mate? My wolf howled within me, agreeing with Zephyr's feline and wolf. Lucifer tried to pull away from Zephyr. Fear flooded through him, and it made him feel bad. Zephyr growled and pulls him closer, making Lucifer actually freak out and try to get away more. I stood between them and pushed Zephyr back a bit. 

"Zephyr, calm down. You're scaring him. He's obviously not a wolf or a werecat, so he's not going to react the same way as someone from the pack will," I said. 

Zephyr looked at me and pushed me to the side as he walks towards Lucifer, not liking how he is afraid of him. When Zephyr was within arm's reach from Lucifer, elegant black wings sprout from Lucifer's back, and he flew out the window, smashing it to a million pieces as he flies away. Zephyr growls loudly, and I go in a protective stance over Iris as Zephyr shifts into his hybrid form that mixes both his feline and wolf form. Iris looks at her son with wide eyes as she sees him shift into a wolf that has the fur coat and body mass of a feline with his glowing gold left eye and glowing violet right eye before he jumps out the window after Lucifer. 

I turned to Iris to make sure she was okay before asking Sebastian the same thing. 

"How many forms does my son have?" Iris asked me. 

"A total of three. His feline form, wolf form, and the form you saw, which is his full hybrid form," I said. 

"Will he be okay?" she asked with concern. 

"Uhh, he should be. When he's in that form, he can track just about anyone down. So my best bet is that he's going to chase after Lucifer and possibly try to mate with him or at least mark him forcefully," I said, rubbing my neck a bit, wanting to run after both of them to prevent Zephyr from making a huge mistake that'll do more harm than good. 

"I think it's best we should go after him. I know where Lucifer is running off to and a quick way for us to catch up to them. If we hurry, we'll be able to make it before anything happens," she says as she runs and shifts to her feline form as she jumps out the window after them. 

I shift and jump out the window, quickly catching up to her. Hopefully, we can make it to wherever Lucifer is flying off before Zephyr ruins something that can be good for both of us.