His Family

Seokjin's P.O.V:
     I had been practicing for almost six hours now. I was tired as hell but I knew that I was lacking and with our debut coming close, I felt I really needed to work harder.

Everyone had gone to take rest. Even Namjoon was gone as it was midnight now. I thought of sleeping after this last practice.

Just as I finished, my phone started vibrating.
I checked to see my mother calling.

Seokjin:
    Hello mum. How are you?

Mom:
Hi Son. I am fine. How are you?

Seokjin:
   I am fine.

Mom:
How is practice going? You are not overworking yourself,  right?

Seokjin:
   Practice is going great. I am not overworking myself. Don't worry.

Mom:
How can I not worry? You are eating regularly right. Don't skip your meals.

Seokjin:
    Yes ma'am. I am eating healthy foods. You didn't just call me to ask about my meals, right?

Mom:
How did you know?

Seokjin:
    I am your son. We talked in the afternoon and you asked about my meals, practice, sleep. You have never called me twice in a day and that too this late, so I figured. Now tell me, what is it?

Mom:
I got a call from your father. He found out you are staying in Seoul. He saw you.

There was silence on both sides. I didn't know what to say and my mother was waiting for my answer so she could continue.

I took a deep breath before speaking.

Seokjin:
    What did he say?

Mom:
He wants to meet you.

I couldn't help but chuckle at this. How amusing.

Seokjin:
     He didn't care before. Why is he suddenly so interested.

Mom:
Son, whatever happened between us is not related to you. He is your father. You don't have to-

Seokjin:
     Yes, he is my father. But in the past six years he never tried to contact me. Things didn't work out between you two. But I suffered the most because of it. You both were wrong but didn't want to admit it. For the past six years, the man who was my role model didn't even ask if I was alive.

Mom:
Son, I understand but please. I don't want you to lose your father because of this.

Seokjin:
     What do expect me to do? Forgive him.

Mom:
I won't tell you to do anything. Just please meet him, talk to him, hear his side of the story. Then you can decide what you want to do?