Chapter 14

It was the day of the ball. School had just finished for the day.

Hugo saw Sofia talking to her boyfriend Elliot and decided to go up to them. Hugo asked Sofia, "Hey Sofia you ready for the ball today at my castle."
Sofia said, "Yes of course I got the invitation a week ago and Amber says I NEED to wear my prettiest gown and James was helping as well." "He usually complains how Amber is fussing over choosing the perfect and prettiest gown." "Did you get an invitation Elliot?" "You know for Hugo's ball at his castle tonight."Elliot said,  "Oh I must've never gotten my invitation to this ball." "If fact what happened to my invitation?" Hugo said, "My royal messager was delivering the invitation when you know how clumsy people can get and he tripped over a rock and it was a windy day so your invitation blew away with the wind." "I guess." Sofia said, "Oh well sorry Elliot." "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then bye." Elliot waved to Sofia as he got on his coach.

That night in Enchancia Amber was making sure Sofia would look her best tonight of all nights. Amber was helping Sofia in her room fixing her gown and tiara.
Sofia groaned, "Amber, how much longer until I get off this spot you have me on."Amber said excitedly, "Not until everything is—"James cut his twin off saying, "Perfect!" "For tonight."Sofia asked confused, "Okay you guys have acting weird all week because of this ball we've been told to attend." James grinned, "You'll find out everything tonight Sof don't worry."
Amber exclaimed, "Perfect!" "Now you're ready to go Hugo's castle." Sofia ran out of her room and went to the coach dying of curiosity of her brother and sister. Her family soon got to the coach and they flew to Hugo's castle.

Meanwhile, in Albuquerque Hugo's ballroom was full of lots of people everyone but the second guest of honour. The steward soon announced, "Presenting the royal family of Enchancia!" Everyone turned to the steward who was going to announce the names separately, the steward announced, "May I present King Roland II and his wife Queen Miranda!" They came out and bowed to the people and soon went down the stairs waiting for their kids. The steward continued, "May I present Princess Amber and Prince James of Enchancia!" Amber came out wearing a beautiful gold gown which matched with Desmond's tie and James worn a suit that matched with Vivian's gown. They came out to their parents and soon their friends who they joined. The steward added, "And last of all our guest of honour Princess Sofia of Enchancia!" Sofia came out wearing a simple but yet fancy gown. It had lavenders across it and it was pink to make the lavenders stand out.

Pretty soon after Sofia and her family were announced. Everyone started waltzing and many princes decided to keep Sofia whether occupied or busy making sure she wouldn't leave the ballroom. Soon it was coming to the end of the night and Hugo went up to Sofia who was still surrounded by many princes.

Hugo said to the princes, "Excuse me but I need borrow Princess Sofia for a moment." The princes soon went off to their girlfriends who were having much fun without them. Sofia said, "Those princes were very nice." "We spoke for whole night."
Hugo bowed and reached out his hand to Sofia and asked, "Will you dance with me Princess?" Sofia giggled sightly and said, "Gladly." As she took his hand to waltz. As they waltzed, Sofia started talking with Hugo saying, "Hugo do you know when you're with someone and you feel like you're with them but you're not." Hugo asked, "What is it Sofia?" Sofia sighed, "It's just I know I don't feel anything for Elliot." "To be entirely honest with you I feel something more towards you then my own boyfriend."

Hugo smiled softly to Sofia which made Sofia smile as well. After she said that Hugo found himself leaning in Sofia was leaning in also. Soon their lips crashed together Hugo and Sofia were kissing and still waltzing. They didn't care who was staring at them they continued kissing. Sofia who was under the love potion as she was kissing Hugo, the love potion was breaking. Soon they stopped kissing and they stared into each other's eyes. Sofia whispered, "Hugo." Hugo whispered, "Sofia." Sofia looked at him and remembered everything from the last few weeks and she jumped on him and hugged him, Sofia yelled with tears in her eyes, "Hugo!" "I missed you!" Hugo spun her around and hugged back and said, "Sofia!" "I missed you more!" Hugo explained everything what happened which made Sofia was rambling on and on how sorry she was and how she let this happen. Hugo rolled his eyes and smiled and kissed her cheek. Sofia giggled, "Was that just to shut me up." Hugo smiled, "Maybe." "But it's okay none of us saw this coming."

The next day Sofia and Hugo spoke with Elliot he apologised for what he did. Hugo and Sofia forgave him. Elliot learned his lesson and Sofia and Hugo were back to being a couple again.