05

the last day had gone by in a blur, they barely saw each other on friday until daniel ran up to him in the halls, he easily could've trampled corbyn with the speed he was going.

"can i get your number?"

corbyn's eyes grew as wide as dinner plates, blinking incredulously at daniel before realizing they didn't even have a set time and place for the meeting tomorrow.

he didn't want to hand over his phone. no, that'd be stupid to do. daniel, along with everybody else in the school, couldn't be trusted. no matter how nice he'd been in the run of three days.

"i don't know, can i trust you?"

daniel most certainly didn't expect the counterpoint, barely able to decipher the expression on corbyn's face. there were many layers, and daniel couldn't pick through them all.

"why wouldn't you?" daniel was playing ping pong with his words, and corbyn's head shook as he disconnected their sights. a sigh pressed past his lips, slinging his bag off one shoulder. sometimes i really hate you, seavey.

corbyn took a pen from his bag, as cliché as it was, he didn't want to hold up daniel any longer than he had to.

although corbyn would appreciate getting daniel's number instead, he would have it anyways, it didn't matter who got whose. what mattered was how responsible daniel would be on his end.

imagine i have to change my phone number because it wouldn't stop blowing up with crude messages, i'd finally feel popular.

corbyn wanted to laugh at that, but he suppressed it.

daniel's brow quirked when corbyn took his hand, rolling up his sleeve and scribbling on the forearm as it'd be less visible than his hand. odd approach, besson. feels like a fling.

his smug grin was easily caught by corbyn, who's view flickered up before huffing under his breath. don't fuck this up.

"my phone died, so..." corbyn lied, pen cap pushed on and stuffed into his pocket beside the device. daniel smirked as he turned his knuckles toward himself, skimming over the loopy scripture.

"thanks, cutie. see you 'round." delivered with a pat on his shoulder, before daniel walked right past him and left him in the dust.

cutie?

oh, buzz off.

corbyn immediately began to regret the ink now seeping into daniel's skin. what did i just do? why? god, corbyn. might as well go throw your phone over the bridge before you get the death threats.

he swallowed, tugging at his collar as it seemed a little too tight, automatically fearing the worst. too late now.

today 10:28 pm

+x (xxx) xxx-xxxx
besson?

+x (xxx) xxx-xxxx
seavey?

+x (xxx) xxx-xxxx
bullseye

corbyn was quick to make a small contact, simply writing in daniel's name and leaving out any other information for his email or address. it was temporary, and he didn't need to make anything fancy for someone temporary. it would waste his time.

daniel
so are u free tomorrow

daniel's thumb nail was caught between his teeth, seeing how the bubbled text of corbyn's contact would disappear as he erased his messages.

besson🐛
yeah
what time?

daniel
12:30?

it was a little early, corbyn couldn't lie, but he agreed to it nonetheless. he just had to sleep well tonight, and crunch in the hours if he were to stay up later than usual. (although, he liked sleeping early anyways, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.)

besson🐛
i'll meet you outside the insectarium?

daniel
sounds like a plan 😉

never use that emoji again.

corbyn shut his phone off, leaving it face down on the desk as he leaned onto his elbows. the skies would be considered black if it weren't for how the silhouettes of trees were still considered darker, and corbyn found that he was stifling multiple yawns.

"i'm a little scared." he swallowed, tired, but wide awake. an odd combination of course, he'd love to sleep, but something inside him caused his heartbeat to double and his leg to bounce. his hands were jittery, and his whole body felt as though it was nearing a gentle tremble.

maybe he was more than a little scared.

corbyn opened the lid of a container on his desk. it almost served as a door, in some ways,  as the box was laid on its side, so the lid was facing him.

his hand was left palm up, waiting impatiently (but calm, of course) until a tap jittered on his fingertip, before it became a gentle weight.

corbyn's eyes fell upon the fuzzy being, seeing their small body crawl onto his finger before travelling along to his palm. he was only hosting the bee for a little while, watching over her until she could fly again.

he called her bella.

"what if he treats me like everybody else? what if it's a trap?" corbyn was careful of his sigh, deciding to hold it back as to not ruffle her too much.

"it wouldn't surprise me, to be honest... it's just, always scary. you think i'd be used to it by now," he snorted, quiet, hopeless.

"i wish you could talk to me. i wouldn't be so lonely..."

he proceeded to ramble about his day, focusing more on daniel even though she had heard the majority of this just yesterday and the day before. corbyn noticed this quickly, catching how the insect had become more loose, lightweight in his hands, lips pressing together in realization she was asleep.

some cruel, devilish part of corbyn's mind had the audacity to sneer. even the bee's bored of you.

"talked your ear off again, sorry. night, bella."

he wanted to add how he could bring her to the insectarium if she wanted, if she was actually tired of being on his desk, but his mouth shut as soon as it opened.

she's not gonna respond, she never will. can you get that through your head already?

corbyn hated how his brain worked sometimes, closing the case quietly and rolling away from his desk in the same manner, retreating to his bed so as to not disturb her any longer.

so, he laid there, hands linked together over his stomach, eyes staring up at a dark ceiling. while yes, he should've brushed his teeth, corbyn's mood had quickly diminished, and he wanted nothing more than to waste away in his blankets.

and that's just what he did.

EXTRA NOTES
-i missed the bus so i get to stay home from school and idk if its a win/win or a lose/lose 🤚🤧

-this kinda short dont hate me pls😔

-also idk if its clear but this is blond daniel and brunet corbyn because 🥰