Chapter 13

The two stumbled through the streets, not once connecting eye contact. Rowan was too taken by her own desire of vengeance that she couldn't bare being nice much longer. It sickened her, heart and soul. She longed for her now deceased best friend and beside her, roamed his killer. Whilst her fury was inevitable she came to the realisation that it may not all be Warren's falt. After all, he was only doing what he needed to survive. She ignore her pain moving closer toward the other mutant. "What do they look like? Your parents?" He asked quietly. Rowan took time to think. It'd been so long that she'd forgotten what they looked like. They were a distant memory drifting through the vast space of her mind. "Like me, only not mutants," she cast her eyes to the floor, kicking her feet frustratedly. "I want to know something from you Warren, what was the true reason you agreed to help me?" Warren stated at Rowan , her teeth slightly bared as if she would attack had he said the wrong thing. " I have my reasons. You'll learn them eventually ". Rowan dropped her guard. "Fair enough".

As they passed through the streets, may people gave them a grotesque look and backed away in fear. They did not accept mutants here, thought there was an obvious contrast that they were more frightened of Rowan than they were of Warren.