Chapter 1| Say Something

Dazai's POV

I sat on my chair boredly, not knowing what to do. I was bored, VERY BORED.

So, I took advantage of my certain chair, rolling to the right and rolling to the left. Having wheels under my chair was REALLY FUN.
I did it again, now saying 'whee!' as I kicked of the floor and launched myself to the other side of the room.

And as I crashed, I laughed giddily as I heard a really annoyed scowl.

"Dazai! Can't you do your work properly!?" Kunikida said, both arms crossed as he stared at me with sharp eyes.

"But Kunikida-kun~ I feel tiiirreedd~"

"Well It's not my problem isn't it?"

I pouted at him as I faced my chair's direction on the other side and kicked the wall, now launching to the OTHER side of where I currently was. But this time, I stopped right at my desk and plopped my head down on it.

It was boring today and I couldn't escape work. Because Atsushi isn't here.

Kyouka told us that he felt sick and wanted a leave for a day, Akiko offered to treat him but he only said no. I mean, who wouldn't?

Who would want to get himself half-dead just to have recieve treatment?

I sigh as I placed my head upright, now laying on my chin.

"Kyoukaa~ Did Atsushi-kun caught a fever?"

Kyouka looked at him, unsure of what to say, after all, she never did check the boy's temperature.

"I don't really know, I didn't take his temperature when I left"

I sighed again, now not sure of what to do.

Now that I thought about it,

I did notice his unusual behavior.
I don't know if anyone else did but I definitely do.

It all started at least 5 months ago.

At first, he still laughed and smiled with us. Accompanying us when lunch.

But then, when weeks started to go by, he slowly exerted himself, almost like he was avoiding us.

I also noticed how he usually scratch his wrists, not stopping until they were red.
Being the suicidal maniac I am, I knew what the symptoms were but when I asked him about it, a very nice guest decided to interrupt us.

Guess who?

The Port mafia.

And after the small fight that they brought us, we never talked about it again. I tried many times, I swear but he always manage to slip up with some urgent excuse.

I looked at stack of papers that was just in front of me, almost blocking my sight.

Ugh, they're too many.

I stood from my seat, aiming for the door.

"Where are you going?" Kunikida asked me, his eyes still focused on his work.