No More Running

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE
————————————————————
11 Months Later:

Clarke knocked on the door, her heart beating out of her chest. She had nowhere else to go, no one left to turn to though she wouldn't trade him for the world.

The door opened and the young girl that answered the door looked confused though Clarke would recognize her anywhere. "Clarke? What?"

Octavia Blake was fifteen when Clarke last saw her, almost four years ago when she left Arkadia. She was gorgeous and Clarke realized how large the impact of her leaving had. She was Bellamy's friend but she had became Octavia's confidante and Clarke left her behind without so much as a goodbye which definitely wasn't good for Octavia's already fragile psyche, thanks to her mother.

"Is—is he here?" Clarke's voice broke, the events of the last twenty-four hours beginning to get to her.

"No, he's—he's at the high school. Teaches history now."

Clarke nodded and turned to the road to drive to him.

"Clarke, what's going on?" Octavia asked concerned.

"I'm so sorry I left, O. You deserve better than me."

"Why are you here?"

"I need Bellamy."

"He needed you four years ago and you abandoned him!"

"I have to go."

"Don't you dare get him fired. He's finally okay without you," she called after Clarke as she walked back to her car. "You know he deserves that job!"

Clarke got in the car, she knew Octavia was right, but she also wouldn't feel safe without him. She had to see him.

Once she was at the high school, Clarke snuck in through the gym like she used to with Finn before—before Raven. She walked through the halls of nostalgia, so many smiles, so many tears, another reason she left.

She walked the halls and peeked into classrooms and "...left for exile, replaced by Publius Valerius Publicola. That's a loaded name, keep him in your thoughts, but don't get used to him. King Tarquin's reign is long from over."

Clarke looked into the room the deep voice boomed from and her erratic heart calmed. Bellamy was so in his element, looking like one of the Gods he always read about. He turned to write on the board, his eyes caught on her and he froze. Licking his lips he shook his head.

She stepped forward, into the classroom, feeling every eye on her before she closed the gap between them, her arms flung around his neck. "I lied to you," her words unsteady.

"I know." Bellamy pulled away, cupping her face.

Clarke shook her head. "I wasn't safe, I—I need you."

"Go to my house, I'll leave right after the last bell."

"I angered someone. I don't want to be alone."

"Kane is principal, go to him. He'll protect you until I'm done for the day."

"My... He'll tell her." Clarke shook her head frantically.

"Princess, I am losing their attention. I now have fifteen minutes to teach them a half hours' worth of Roman history. Take my desk, you can stay here."

"Thank you, Bell." Clarke grimaced, stepping away from him. She moved further into the room, closer to the windows. She feared for her life, knew Bellamy would protect her. How could she deny him her heart?