5: Vibing With The Unknown

Hajime POV

Komaeda and I agreed that I would just sleep over, as the rain was still going.

We sat in silence,not knowing what to do, until Komaeda broke that silence.

"It must be that you're forced to spend the night with trash like me because of my terrible luck..."

"I wouldn't call this bad luck, Komaeda! In fact...I'd call it good luck! This way, we can get to know each other a little better!" I respond positively.

Why does he always think so negatively about himself?

"Wanna play uno?" He asks.

"Sure," I reply, sitting on the floor while Komaeda goes to grab the cards.

A few minutes later, Komaeda comes back, deck of Uno cards in hand, and we begin a heated match of Uno.

"Komaeda, please, don't do this!" I beg the white haired boy as he smirks at me, grabbing the card that could end me.

"I'm sorry Hinata, but it must be done..."

"NO-" I yell, barely managing to get the word out as Komaeda places down the plus four wild card.

"Uno." He says triumphantly, "and the color is blue."

I reach toward the deck of unused cards, grabbing 4, when I noticed a horrific thing...

I had no blue cards.

I reach to the deck once more, pulling around 6 or 7 extra cards before getting a blue 2 and placing it down.

Komaeda starts maniacally laughing, placing down his last card -a yellow 2- and ending the game.

"How expected, a reserve course student like you losing to me..."

"WHY DID YOU SAY THE COLOR WAS BLUE IF YOU HAD A YELLOW-"

"I just relied on my luck, and the fact that you're a talentless, useless person who brings no hope..." He's clutching at his sides again, and his dogs Ellie and Etna jump on him.

"Anyways...what time is it?" I desperately want to change the subject...

"Around 10 pm." Komaeda responds.

An awkward silence fills the room, because no one knows what to talk about. I mean, I just met the guy hours ago...

"Hinata...do you know what 20 questions is?" He asks me.

I nod.

"Good, let's play. I'll start. What's your favorite color?"

(A/N I don't know any canon answers, so these are just headcanons)

"Uh, green!" I reply quickly, "what's yours?"

"Yellow. It represents hope." A quick, yet thoughtful answer.

As time went on, we kept asking each other questions. I learned that Komaeda liked reading and playing video games in his spare time, which was quite similar to myself. I also learned that he can play piano, as his parents had taught him, even though he was 6 when they died. Komaeda's taste in music is similar to mine.

We were on question 20, the final question.

"Hinata. What was your first impression of me?"

I froze, I knew very well what my first impression of him was, but I would never admit to thinking he was actually attractive for .2 seconds.

"Well...I thought you were a little weird to be honest. The way you spoke about hope shocked me to say the least," What was your first impression of me?"

This seemed like the first question he didn't know how to answer.

"I guess I thought you were a cool guy? And I thought I was lucky that you didn't leave me alone all day, no matter how annoying I got...though I thought at first you would definitely walk without me, since I called you a terrible reserve course student..."

And with his answer, the game was over.

None of us knew what to say to that, so we agreed it was time to sleep. He showed me to an empty guest bedroom, saying he'll see me in the morning before leaving, closing the door behind him.

~~~~~TW: Self hatred, putting yourself down.~~~~~~

I lay on the comfortable bed, letting myself sink into the mattress, turning onto my side. Today's events flash through my mind, and this suddenly stops when Komaeda starts talking about how I'm just an inferior reserve course student...

Maybe...maybe he's right. I'm not even special enough to be considered an ultimate...

I'm just a normal, average human being. Why do I even go to Hope's Peak in the first place? I shouldn't even bother trying to fit in there anymore...

I'm just a reserve course student... I'm just a reserve course student... I'm just a reserve course student... I'm just a reserve course student.... I'm just a reserve course student...

And I will never be anything more...

These thoughts haunt me, putting me to sleep without me realizing.

~~~~tw over😼👍~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
Yo.

No, I don't have a new phone yet, I just really wanted to write and ended up writing a whole chapter using the pen that came with my phone to type, even though it's frustrating.

I will keep updating this, however, they will most likely not be weekly updates, and just "update when I can" updates.

Hopefully, I will return with weekly updates when I get my new phone.

See you guys later!

-Arson

Word count: 856