Chapter 1: A Timely Arrival

Your POV

I was content walking down the lamp-lit streets. It was late June, early July, and the air was damp. I was on my way home from work. It was about 11:30pm, and my life was barely beginning.

Young men and women, particularly my age, were wandering the rain soaked pavement. Except they were out partying, not working off student loans.

School started early tomorrow, so I quickened my pace, hoping to get home a little quicker than usual. I marvelled at my superiority, being able to go to college, being able to get a job. We live in a dog-eat-dog world, survival of the fittest as some would say.

Soon, I was pulled out of my devious thoughts to see an apartment complex that wasn't mine. I was pretty sure I took a wrong turn while I was deeply inserted into my thoughts, so I turned around and began to head back in the direction from which I came.

"Hey, wait a moment." I heard a gruff voice coo. It was a bit startling when a hand landed on my shoulder. I turned around to see none other than the infamous Deadpool.

"What are you doing in a place like this?" He asked. I looked at him, not wanting to trigger the 'kill me now!' button.

"I-I um... Took a wrong turn I guess. I was thinking of other things on my way home." I truthfully spoke.

"Why don't you come over to my place? You seem cool." His hands landed on his hips, and I saw a smile from under his mask.

"A-alright... But I have school tomorrow." I blushed a bit.

"Eh, school is boring anyway, no?" He chuckled.

"Yea..." I gave a slight smile.

"So will you come over and hang out? I've got TV. And Ramen noodles... College kids like that shit, right?" I broke out into pure laughter as Deadpool said this.

"Sure. And I didn't get your real name, sir Deadpool..." I joked.

"It's Wade... And you are?" I felt the smile in his words.

"_____ ______." I tucked some hair behind my ear.

"It's too warm to be outside. Let's go." Wade sang as he guided me to his home. Little did I know that I would have powers that would be unlocked through contact with this Anti-hero...