Chapter 3 - Another Stranger

Word count: 3750

__ __ __

Obi running away last night hit you hard, and after getting home you spent the rest of the night just chilling on your bed with the fur ball, watching random YouTube videos, and scrolling TikTok, until you fell asleep.

When you finally woke up the next day, it was dark already, but you were used to that at this point.
As you started to come back to this reality, you could hear the rain hitting against your bedroom window.

You slowly opened your eyes to meet the dark room that was just the way you left it last night. One of these days you would have to find the strength to clean your apartment, how long had it been from the last time anyway?
The days were merging together at this point and you usually didn't even remember what you had done all day, when it came the time to go to sleep again.

As you took your phone from the nightstand you saw Obi sleeping peacefully next to you, he was wrapped tightly into a soft ball of fur, and you could hear him purring to himself quietly.
You smiled at the cuteness of the cat before opening up your phone. Since Obi was still sleeping, you would have time to just scroll your social media before he would start screaming for food.

You could feel yourself getting more bored each second you scrolled through the same things you had seen a hundred times.
The few friends you had weren't even awake yet, and nobody was posting anything new.
Why was doing nothing this exhausting, and why nothing you did now bring you the same joy it once did?
You hoped that life would still somehow get better.

After exhausting through all the other apps that had nothing going on in them, you opened TikTok.
It was just the perfect app to keep your brain focused on something for at least a few seconds.

You scrolled down on your 'for you page', sometimes liking a few videos that made you smile tiredly, or made you blow out air from your nose.
Mostly the videos were the same you always saw on there, but suddenly a new kind of video popped up.

The video was just a hand, first holding up a rose and then a dinosaur.
The music in the background was the song you were supposed to go back to and listen to fully, but you had forgotten all about it until now.

You reached for your nightstand where you had placed a bluetooth speaker and turned it on, while also opening up your music player on your phone.
You went to lay on your back as you hit play on the song, and let yourself just relax while listening to the words and the different melodies in the song.

The lyrics were really bold to say the least, but you liked the song in general, it was similar to the style you usually listened to.
You were surprised when the song suddenly ended after only two minutes.

You picked up your phone you had laid on the bed and opened up the artist page. You needed to know if there were more songs by him, and luckily for you, there was.
You ended up listening to all the songs he had put out, they were short like the first one, but it was fine, the songs were still amazing.

"Corpse..." you said the artist's name out loud, he definitely chose a cool name for himself, and it also fit the style of his music.

As you listened to more of his songs your mind went back to the guy you had met at the beginning of the week.
You didn't have time to send him a message yesterday, and until now you had totally forgotten he had given you his phone number.

You thought about texting him for a second, but your mind was looking for reasons not to.
New people made you anxious, and you usually didn't text people first.
This time you would have to, since you didn't give your number back to him.
The clock wasn't that much, only 10.39pm, so he should be still awake.