5

Ivy

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I smirked as Steve's alarm started beeping. It was 5:30 am.

"Good morning. Aw shit, I wanted to wake up early to make you your first breakfast out of the upside down. What are you doing up so early?" He rubbed his eyes, slouching over the side of his bed.

"You really thought I was gonna miss the sunrise?" My legs were propped against the wall, I was sitting on the window sill.

"You should've woken me up. Come on, lets get breakfast." He stood, making his way to the door. His thick hair was infront of his eyes and I got the impression that I was one of few that ever saw Steve this way, and by this way I mean without an entire can of hairspray in that mop of his.

"What do you wanna eat?" He asked, walking into his modern kitchen and opening the double door fridge. "Bacon, eggs, potato, pancakes, eggos. Aw heck, we'll make it all. Could you take some to Hop when you see him today?"

"Sure, any reason why?" I sat down at the breakfast bar, eyeing Steve as he tossed ingredients out of the fridge and onto the worktop.

"He overworks himself." He closed the fridge. He began pointing an accusing finger up in the air, as if talking to God himself. "That man, that man will work himself to death. All that work and i'm pretty sure all he eats is TV dinner."

"TV dinner?" I asked.

"Crappy dinner from the microwave. I want him to have a good meal." He placed a pan onto the heated stove. "Just take an extra plate?"

"Of course."

"Why don't you go take a shower while I make this up. You can wear something of my mothers, don't worry, most of it's still tagged. She buys everything she sees and uses none of it, oh the possibilities when you're rich." He laughed sarcastically and I smirked, slipping away from him and going upstairs to the bathroom.

I had barely slipped out of my clothes when I jumped under the hot water. It was exactly how I imagined it would be, my first hot shower out of the upside down. The white marble walls and tub, the freshly scented body washes, the expensive shampoo and conditioner, the fresh baby pink razor that called out to me. I revelled in all of it. If anything, the thing I wanted the most was that soft leg, freshly shaved feel, as stupid as it sounds. It's the little things, and no one can really say what you'd desire the most until you don't have it. It wasn't necessarily a hairless body I wanted, simply to feel like a real woman and do real woman things for the first time. Shave my legs, sleepovers, shopping, girl talk, crying about boys. I'd looked forward to all of these things as a child and still had no idea what they were like. Shaving was a start for me, and no one was gonna tell me otherwise.

It was as good as I imagined, apart from a few nicks here and there. I walked out of the bathroom practically slumped over feeling how smooth my legs were. I felt confident. I realised that Steve had laid out some clothes on his bed, presumably his mothers. They were all very beautiful, darling dresses, daring jumpsuits, but this was way out of my comfort zone. I didn't feel like wearing a dress, at least not yet, so I put on the clothes that Joyce had given me the night before. Mom jeans, white converse and a white blue and red shirt.

I walked downstairs, trying to hide my smile slightly. Steve had his back to me, serving the last of the scrambled eggs. "Wow beautiful, you look," He turned to face me with a beaming smile. His eyebrows furrowed at the sight of me, but his smile did not falter. "The same as yesterday. But still beautiful! Were the clothes not your size?"

"No Steve, i'm sure they were fine but, dresses aren't for me. At least not just yet." I smiled, spinning in a circle like a ballerina. "Jeans it is!"