Chapter 1

Jane's POV

Tarzan and I have been living in the jungle for about a year now, and it's been the most wonderful days of my life! And now, Tarzan and I have a beautiful baby daughter. I've named her Sol, which means the sun.  I think it's a beautiful name and I know our little girl will have a personality as bright as the sun. She's two and a half weeks old now and she's already as beautiful as I imagined. Tarzan can't wait to teach her to swing on vines, jump off waterfalls, and slide down tree branches.

"Hello, Jane. And hello, Sol." Tarzan says as he walks up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, then Sol one on her forehead. Sol smiles and squeals in joy at the sight of her father. 

"She missed you just as much as I did, love." I tell Tarzan with a warm smile. He picks Sol up and lifts her into the air. She squeals and waves her arms and I chuckle and take Sol back into my arms, gently cradling her.

"So what have you been up to today, Jane?" Tarzan asks as I put Sol in Tarzan's bassinet that Kala found him in when he was a baby. 

"Just sitting around the house, basically. I took Sol out for a little walk today, she seemed to enjoy it." I told Tarzan as I cut up some fruit for the three of us. 

"That sounds like fun. Did you stop and say hi to Kala?" Tarzan asks as he bites into a banana.

"Yes, we said hi to all the other gorillas, too. They all seem to like her. Terk says she wants to be the godmother." I say with a chuckle and Tarzan laughs.

"I think that's a great idea. How about you?" Tarzan says.

"I agree. I think Terk would make a very...interesting...godmother." I say with a slight giggle at the thought of Terk being a godmother.

"Great! Should we go tell her the news?" Tarzan asks and I gladly agree. We walk out of the tree house and use our boat pulley system to get down to the ground. We then walk to gorilla territory, and find Terk playing with the baby gorillas.

"Terk!" I call to the gorilla. She looks over at us, puts down one of the babies, and walks over. 

"Hey guys, what can I do for you?" Terk asks.

"We took your request about Sol into consideration...and we've decided to make you Sol's godmother." I say with a big smile on my face. Terk grins and starts to jump around.

"Did ya hear that, everyone?! I'm a godmother! Woohoo!" Terk cheers as she runs around. Sol starts giggling at the sight of Terk. 

"See that? She loves me!" Terk says as she walks up to Sol and lets her grab her pointer finger. 

"Can I hold her?" Terk asks and Tarzan and I share a look.

"You have to be really gentle, Terk. I mean it." Tarzan says. Terk nods and sits down in her nest of leaves. I hand Sol to her and Terk gently rocks her.

"She looks just like you, Jane, and it looks like she's gonna get Tarzan's wild hair." Terk says and I laugh while Tarzan frowns.

"My hair's not that wild." Tarzan says and I twirl one of his dreadlocks in my hand.

"It's perfect, don't worry. It suits you very well." I assure him and he smiles. Right after I say that, we hear an elephant trumpet. 

"That must be Tantor coming back from the watering hole." Terk says and hands Sol back to me. As soon as Terk stands up, Tantor comes charging through the trees, breathing heavily.

"Tantor? What's wrong?" Tarzan asks. Tantor stops to catch his breath.

"M-Mabaya...rampaging...this way." Tantor wheezes out. Tarzan gets a look of anger on his face and turns to the gorillas.

"Mabaya is rampaging this way! Everyone, get in trees! Now!" Tarzan commands and all the gorillas climb up the nearest tree. Then Tarzan turns to me.

"Jane, take Sol and get up to the tree house. Stay there until I get back." he says and I nod and run back to our home. Once I'm safely inside the treehouse, I put Sol in her bassinet for her nap. I then run out onto the balcony and look down at the jungle, hoping to spot Tarzan.

"Please be safe, Tarzan. Please."