Broken Hearted

Kade walks towards the command center the next day in confusion

He had heard the alarms going off from his room and by the time he got back it was off and everyone was acting perfectly normal.

Pulling a random person to the side he questions, "What caused the alarm?"

"Alec said it was nothing." The person shrugs before walking away.

Narrowing his eyes around the room he searches for his nephew. Once he spots him he notices that he was fidgeting like crazy as he tried to fill out some paperwork.

Scoffing to himself he walks up the the boy with crossed arms, clearing his throat he knocks his knuckles on the wall. "What caused the alarm?"

"It was a false alarm." Alec folds his knuckles together with a false smile.

"Then why is your knee shaking so hear and your left eye twitching?" He deadpans, not at all amused.

Alec forces his fidgeting to stop and sighs. "Look it was nothing."

"Mhm. Where's Jace? Or Isabelle? Or Clary?" Kade smirks when he notices his nephew hesitate. "Whether I was in your life or not I'm still your uncle and you're still my nephew, dont lie to me. Where are they?"

Standing up from the desk Alec leans his torso against it. "Something happened..."

"I'm getting that." Kade nods his head with fake enthusiasm making Alec roll his eyes.

"They're in the basement." Alec sighs.

Kade pats his shoulder before walking out of the office and towards the basement, thankfully no one had questioned him because he was in no mood to answer to anyone.

As he makes his way down the stairs he can hear loud sobbing and pleas. With a face scrunches in worry he jogs down the stairs and his face pales.

A painfully obviously dead Simeon laid on the table while Jace held a sobbing Clary in his arms.

But in front of him was an unfamiliar man with his back turned. Kade took the time to quickly kick the mans knees out and pull the sword across his neck. "Who are you?" He questions sternly.

"Kade!" Jace shouts in panic.

"Kade Lightwood?" The voice questions shocked.

Slowly pulling the sword back yet keeping it in his hand in caution he walks around the man and his eyes widen when he notices who it was.

"Rafael." He shakes his head. "Always getting yourself into trouble."

"I could say the same about you." He sends the man a knowing smirk. Looking towards a stern faced Jace he comments. "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Jace Wayland is her son."

"Did everyone know my mother?" Jace questions with a loud sigh.

"Yes." Both men answer at the same time.

"Please help." Clary finally speak up, her eyes puffy and her voice scratchy as she stares at Kade. "I-I don't know what to do. I can't lose Simon."

Kade gives her a sympathetic look. He might've resented Jocelyn but she was Alexia's best friend. And she loved Clary like a daughter.

"What happened to him?" Kade sighs.

"He was kidnapped a few weeks ago by Camille and Rafael, she fed him her blood and he kept going back. He died..." Jace explains hoping for some other option that wasn't dead or living dead.

"I'm sorry guys. There is no other way than for him to be buried with a stake in his heart or to let the change happen." He says wishing he could help.

Clary sobs and everyone in the room is shocked when she throws herself into the mans arms. "I don't know what to do." She cries.

After getting over his initial shock Kade pats her back in comfort. "Whatever you do, make sure it's the right thing for him. Not for you."

"How do I know?" She lifts her head in confusion. "How will I know whether he's fit for this world or not?"

"You never really know clary." Kade admits. "Go with your gut feeling."

Turning around Clary takes a deep breath looking directly at Rafael. "I think he should change."