Prologue

A/N: Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction and also the first book of a series. If you guys like this book, please make sure to check out the others. 

This story is in third person but the rest of the stories will probably be in first person with a switch in point of views. Just a few different things that I wanted to try. In no chapter have I meant any insults to Jin or any of the other members of the beloved BTS or even IU. Please keep that in my mind while reading. This story is a figment of my imagination and so are the events and places in the story.

Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it! Thanks!

....................................................................................................

"I want to write mom! I don't care if you want me to become a lawyer, I want to write!" Mira screams at her mother, now overcome by frustration and her passion to be an author. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks as she stuffed clothes and necessities into her suitcase. 

"Han Mira! Listen to your mother. You  will not go to that college and you will continue doing law. Do you understand me," she yelled, more as a statement than a question.

She didn't understand anything, the same way her mother didn't understand her devotion to write. She had thought that her parents would finally be convinced when she showed them the letter of acceptance for Seoul National University-in the literature department. However, instead of being proud or supporting her, her parents had slapped her hard across her face. The memory of it was only a fuel to her fire. This was the first time she had been hit. Her parents were not bad people. She knew they only wanted the best for her. But they were being unreasonable now. 

Ignoring her mother's constant taunts and scolding, 18 year old Mira zipped up her now stuffed suitcase and brought out the stash of money that she had earned from multiple jobs and kept hidden in her closet. She knew the chances of her parents paying for her tuition fee as a literature student were minimal to none, so she found her own way. 

Stepping out of the house that she had once called a haven, she felt her mom tightly grab her wrists, all her motherly emotions were blinded by rage. "If you step out of this house, you are not welcome here again," her mother said angrily . 

"Gladly" Mira responded through gritted teeth, slamming the door on her way out. The waterfall that she had kept held in suddenly breaking free. 

........................................................................................................................

SNU. It had been her dream since 9th grade. And she had made it come true. The thought of it gave her a rush of pride. The pride that was absent in her parent's eyes and expressions. 

Sitting on her side of the dorm on her bed, she bent down, leaning her elbows on her knees and broke down again, all the bitter memories, all the struggles, all the times she tried to convince her parents and all the fights flashing through her mind, making it hard for her to breathe.

Suddenly, the door burst open revealing a tall woman with brown shoulder length hair with blonde highlights. Her eyes were a deep brown and her lips were in a constant pout, making it look as if she had a resting bitch face. She was probably one of the prettiest women Mira had ever met. 

Quickly wiping her tears with sleeves of her t-shirt, she turned around to greet the girl. Plastering on a fake smile, she introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Han Mira. Lit student here, I'm guessing you're my roommate?" 

"Yup," she says, popping the 'p'. "I'm Min Hana, law student. And well Han Mira, I guess you're stuck with my wild ass for three years now," she said, a smirk adorned her face, spanking her own butt. Mira let out a hearty laugh, one that had become rare recently. Hana set her suitcases on the her side and huffed in exhaustion. 

"Want to get ice cream?" she asks Mira and the latter enthusiastically nodded. 

Hana chuckled at her cuteness and pinched her cheeks, slinging her amrs around her shoulders, her petite frame making it easier to do so.

That day, Mira decided to leave her past behind her and the smile on her face as she ate her brownie fudge ice cream was genuine.